News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
People thought Mikey would be better?

Jennifer Pagliaro
‏@jpags
Cressy motion for $200,000 improvements to 24-hour drop-in centres passes 31-3 (Burnside, Holyday and Ford against).

Somehow it seems more like, he's new at this, he's taken dictation from the family, he's following their advice, etc etc. A lot more "pro forma" than the way Rob & Doug did it.

And just like Rob felt that he didn't need to read the rule book because he learned everything from his dad, Mikey was probably coached into taking a similar approach relative to his uncles...

*However*, I'm wondering if there's been any "lone dissenter" votes a la RoDoFo. So far, it'd seem that he's had the "sanity ballast" of at least 1 or 2 in his superminority votes...

*However*, I'm wondering if there's been any "lone dissenter" votes a la RoDoFo. So far, it'd seem that he's had the "sanity ballast" of at least 1 or 2 in his superminority votes...
First day jitters, I'm sure he'll get up to speed by next week. He's already voted against improving shelters for the homeless, so by Ford standards, he's had a great start.

Wheezy smurf is in way over his head...

You have to be friggen kidding, here we have an inexperienced 'boy' who has presumably finished his high school, no postsecondary education to speak of, had a label licking sales job at the FoFirm, ran for council in the last election, forced to change his mind and ran for a seat on the Board of Ed. Having warmed his chair at the Board, resigned to run for council. So can anyone tell me where his economic development experience is? FFS have they gone nuts? Douggie Smurf must be so proud.... Just watch the conflict of interest folks... And we thought Wheezy was different?

Whether or not Junior genuinely believes in this 'lone wolf' nonsense is rather a moot point. He presumably has his marching orders from Thug and Diane and appears to have no intention of rocking that particular boat. He doesn't have to be a mouth-foaming reactionary like dear old Unca Thug and Blob to continue their proud tradition of being ignorant, know-nothing, obstructionist deadweight. What interests me is that City Council - again! - apparently has no problem in playing along with this. It's insane.

I mean, for Christ's sakes, just because resentful yahoos in Etobicoke got this patently unqualified child appointed to a position of responsibility, it doesn't mean the other councilors have to cater to him. Even after his allegedly popular uncle is out of the picture, the local city government is still coddling the Ford family. This is beyond parody.

Not "Lone Wolf", more like rabid puppy. Voted against a slew of motions to deny private tree removal applications. The motions all passed.

But its a bit 'rich' to put a kid that's never actually paid his own rent on Economic Development committee. Guess the Fam wants him to keep an eye on the Woodbine Centre development for Uncle Dug.

So can anyone tell me where his economic development experience is?

Which committees would you put him on? By law he has to be on something.

I don't really want him on planning, or parks, or community development either as we already know how his family would want him to vote on those items.

Here's a chart of the options:
citycouncil-committees-chart.jpg

Was Mikey one of the pair of councillors that voted against freeing the Muzik Greek Gods sculptures? If so, *that'd* be the most Ford-esque decision he's made...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back