4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another nice, but not too bright bulb. Doug will eat him alive.
Well let's see how Doug works the Ford magic on Cho, who incidentally seems to be a tad bit confused on his political affiliation.
Cho was first a NDP candidate for the 1998 federal election then decided to try his luck by taking out a membership with the Liberal Party. He also ran as an independent candidate in 2004 with campaign literature in the familiar Red & White Liberal colors in an alleged effort to mislead voters. I have watched Cho at council on numerous occasions and it seems he always comes across as an confused councilor who requires extra attention and explaining. He also said he will take a leave of absence from Toronto Council so he can run for Provincial candidate. Is this possible or does he need to resign?

Well let's see how Doug works the Ford magic on Cho, who incidentally seems to be a tad bit confused on his political affiliation.
Cho was first a NDP candidate for the 1998 federal election then decided to try his luck by taking out a membership with the Liberal Party. He also ran as an independent candidate in 2004 with campaign literature in the familiar Red & White Liberal colors in an alleged effort to mislead voters. I have watched Cho at council on numerous occasions and it seems he always comes across as an confused councilor who requires extra attention and explaining. He also said he will take a leave of absence from Toronto Council so he can run for Provincial candidate. Is this possible or does he need to resign?
No resignation - think back to Milczyn. Mikey didn't need to resign his trustee seat for Ward 2 but suppose it was all part of the show.

At first I thought Doug being the camping manager was the kiss of death, but in light of how bad Wynne looks right now - and I voted for her - this is definitely the time for someone like Cho to test the waters, especially in Scarborough for whatever reason, the Fords are well liked, in parts. What annoys me is that he is going to take a leave of absence from his job as councillor, either sh*t or get off the pot. You won the election in your ward, either serve it or put it up for someone else.

Though, I'm wondering whether being a doddering, not terribly articulate (in English, at least) 79 yr old makes him makes him a "reverse Mikey" of some sort.

Would you Cho-Cho-Chose him?

choo.gif

When I saw he was 79 I thought it was a typo.

Well ummm... While I always believe one must follow the dream and pursue a career, but at 79 I also believe time has come to enjoy life and take it easy. Cho is not the brightest light bulb at council and surely will also be equally dazed and confused at the provincial govt. level.

When I saw he was 79 I thought it was a typo.

If elected, he won't be the oldest MPP, past or present. That belongs to Monte Kwinter (Lib., York Centre) who turned 85 on March 22nd. Who else turned 85 that day? William Shatner - just throwing the trivia out there. Also my nephew's birthday( but he's only 11).

And - sadly - also the day we lost our Rob...

If he can deliver on this maybe they'll let him sit at the adult table and run closer to home in Etobicoke. They don't seem to mind taking the Ford money, but having one as a candidate is another story entirely.
Patrick Brown should talk to Harpo and Hudak about Dougie's carnivorous tendencies (like camping on Rob's 'tragic' cancer and death). This isn't about Cho's chances in the by-election for Doug. It's about establishing his cred as a Fordian "outsider" like his hero Trump.

If elected, he won't be the oldest MPP, past or present. That belongs to Monte Kwinter (Lib., York Centre) who turned 85 on March 22nd. Who else turned 85 that day? William Shatner - just throwing the trivia out there. Also my nephew's birthday( but he's only 11).

And - sadly - also the day we lost our Rob...

Though Cho'd surely be the oldest *newly elected* MPP in history--or maybe even Canadian parliamentarian in general (federal + provincial legislatures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back