1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 776     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. They should keep on spanking. (I generally do not approve of spanking, but when it comes to Fords, all bets are off)

You're gonna need a bigger paddle!

jaws2015-06-28-16h13m29s130.png

Attachments

• jaws2015-06-28-16h13m29s130.png
    jaws2015-06-28-16h13m29s130.png
    486.8 KB · Views: 485
So does this mean he could still be removed from office and kept from running for some time?

There has been no judicial finding (for or against) on the question of whether any the events pointed to in JM's application was, as she alleged, a violation of the law on conflicts. Strictly, someone else could launch an application based on some or all of the same events. But, as a practical matter, they likely would face a much stronger challenge than JM did on the limitation period issue - namely, that an application must be launched no more than six weeks after the complainant learned of the event that they allege was a violation. There might be other events which could be pointed to as violations by either or both Robinoccio or Douginoccio if someone were to be inclined to investigate, but I don't know whether in fact there are.

Last edited:
Please correct this if I am wrong: Did I miss something or is it the case that, for at least a couple of weeks now, all that we have heard "from" Rob Ford are some press releases and some tweets no doubt composed by Jacobs?

There has been no sign of him. If he's having selfies taken, I haven't seen them. He or Jacobs made the one comment about the lawsuit.

There has been no sign of him. If he's having selfies taken, I haven't seen them. He or Jacobs made the one comment about the lawsuit.

The comment about JM's application was one of the press releases, almost certainly produced by Jacobs.

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 8.36.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 8.36.19 AM.png

Jacobs is not too quick on the uptake when being mocked...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 8.36.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 8.36.35 AM.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 475
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 8.36.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 8.36.19 AM.png
    20 KB · Views: 479
As of this moment these are the comments from the FF Nation to the Jude dropping the case:

Scummy bunch of pinheads, particularly the guy who's proud of his family blackmailing people back in the old country. I just hope most of them don't actually live in Toronto.

Blink and you would've missed it yesterday when Council voted on this, because there wasn't a single councillor that wanted to speak on it, not a single person to either defend Robbie or take the opportunity to chastise him.

In fact, because it was adopted along with all the other uncontested items on the order paper, and by a simple show of hands, it wasn't even mentioned.

Blink and you would've missed it yesterday when Council voted on this, because there wasn't a single councillor that wanted to speak on it, not a single person to either defend Robbie or take the opportunity to chastise him.

In fact, because it was adopted along with all the other uncontested items on the order paper, and by a simple show of hands, it wasn't even mentioned.
It's a small thing but extremely satisfying that a vote to discipline Robbie was done by a show of hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back