843     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.2K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to pull that story out the next time someone insinuates that Rob Ford might have an IQ over 90.

Perhaps he should be pulled in front of the Integrity Commissioner. When is enough, enough?

In this case, he's no more than an armchair critic like any of the rest of us who have not sat through the entire trial. He doesn't have the facts, he hasn't heard the arguments, and he shouldn't be making statements. Sure, any of us as a private citizen can post our thoughts about this or any trial on the Star comments or on Urban Toronto or wherever, but he's the mayor, and his statements are associated with being mayor, and this is definitely an area he should not be commenting on.

I hope he enjoyed greeting the pandas this morning. Photo op, shake a few hands, smile and maybe read a prepared statement of greeting. That he should be able to handle.

Could this kind of influence from a politician as high profile as Ford be construed as grounds for a mistrial?

Hopefully the judge knows how much of an idiot he is and knows that his comments are not taken seriously.

Looks like Rob isn't the only Ford with a foot in the mouth today ... must be something about that name. Ironically, in some ways Ford reminds me of Silvio Berlusconi ... (though Berlusconi is surely a better at being a politician ...).

Looks like Rob isn't the only Ford with a foot in the mouth today ... must be something about that name. Ironically, in some ways Ford reminds me of Silvio Berlusconi ... (though Berlusconi is surely a better at being a politician ...).

Only if one can swap bunga-bunga parties for pizza and beer bashes :->

Exactly. If I was Kachkar's lawyer, I'd consider using Rob Ford's public comments it to ask for a mistrial.
And apparently it did come up in court today. Although the defendant's lawyer didn't ask for a mistrial, he did address the court about Rob Ford's comments, and asked the judge to provide additional direction to the jury. The judge is still considering the request.

The Star has now published Ford's full comments on 1010, now that the jury has been sequestered (as of this morning).
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...concerns_at_richard_kachkar_murder_trial.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back