787     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
No this was still inside of 2012, before the crack video.
The section starts: "But in mid-2012, just after I became chief of staff, Rob suddenly began paying for everything by check. His pocket cash seemed to have evaporated." -- That's a few months after the St Patrick's Day debacle. According to Towhey, then-chief of staff Amir Remtulla tried to get Rob to get help. "Amir said he’d spoken to Rob, and Rob had agreed to take some action. He wasn’t going to rehab, but he would see a counselor. I suggested we speak with Doug, and with Diane, Rob’s mom. Amir already had."

I think Diane cut off his money. Rather than admit what a mess he is and risk losing his powerful position, their way of getting him help is by making it harder for him to buy himself booze and drugs.

sorry... i forgot he was doing things for rob before he official worked for him. originally i only thought of the fact that in june 2013 chris resigned, and at that time stated her only worked for rob for about 6 months. but he did a lot of football related things in 2012, right?

Any possibility that Harper already knew from poll numbers that he was going to tank, so associating with the Fords wasn't to get support (FN wasn't going to vote Lib or ndp anyhow), but to send a big Eff You to Toronto, Liberals and Red Tories alike?

To me, that makes more sense than the "grasping at straws" theory. Harper has shown himself to be that vindictive before

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/20/doug-ford-to-run-for-conservative-party-leadership

The CPC ought to be thrilled about this! The day after the election, Doug is already talking about a leadership bid.

To be fair, Doug wasn't talking about it. He was asked a question and gave a non-committal answer. It wasn't until his next comment that things got weird... because Doug just don't know when to shut up.

"On Tuesday, Ford was tightlipped about a possible bid for the Conservative leadership.

"I can't answer that now," Ford told the Toronto Sun. "The results weren't what we hoped for but other than that, we'll see how it goes.

"I'll tell you one thing, hold onto your pocketbooks - we've got the threesome ready to dig in there.""

Any possibility that Harper already knew from poll numbers that he was going to tank, so associating with the Fords wasn't to get support (FN wasn't going to vote Lib or ndp anyhow), but to send a big Eff You to Toronto, Liberals and Red Tories alike?

To me, that makes more sense than the "grasping at straws" theory. Harper has shown himself to be that vindictive before

If that's the case, look at who got F'ed to the point where he got to resign by a note? And gotten F'ed by a Trudeau no less. Karma.

Not to mention, associating with FN is going to the gift that keeps on giving for the Cons.

AoD

Maybe Harper doing the dance with Fords was to distract the media from the Bruce Carson influence peddling trial.
ford distraction.PNG

http://iconosquare.com/p/1098615961080571450_1457819616

Attachments

• ford distraction.PNG
    ford distraction.PNG
    349.5 KB · Views: 413
Works for me. :)

And why wouldn't Harpo want to resign by note? He doesn't have to talk to people that way. He didn't want to talk to voters on the campaign either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back