91     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm pro-development, but I'm only pro-development that's not in someone's backyard," says Doug Ford.”

Call me NIMBY, but you should see the condo development that's going on opposite High Park.

Rant/

Speaking of transit. With all the talk about switching from diesel to electric, it's about time they did that with the High Park Train.
http://www.highparktrains.com/home.html

/Rant.

"I'm pro-development, but I'm only pro-development that's not in someone's backyard," says Doug Ford.”

I am going to pay for subways by having cranes all over the skies, Toronto is booming, but it doesn't boom in someone's backyard. That's why I have them bloom up at Woodbine Live instead, which is nowhere near anyone's backyard.

AoD

Does anyone know what kind of employer Deco is? Do they take care of their people? Pension, benefits, a living wage? Just curious.

A guy who used to work there years ago has a few blog posts about it. (Can't remember his name.) He said the pay was not generous, but he otherwise has warm and fuzzy memories of the place.

Hate the War on Ford @LetFordBe · 41m 41 minutes ago
DOUG FORD WINS, ACCORDING TO TWITTER Traditional telephone polls, which are increasingly outdated

Hahaha, Christmas is going to come real early for him.

AoD

Regarding Forum and landlines... I know we've had some discussion about this before specifically regarding what qualifies exactly as a "land line" (for the purposes of that discussion). My cell phone number was a land line number that was ported over at least 5 years ago. I've never received a call from a polling company but I virtually never answer my phone unless it's someone I know. My significant other has a similar situation (land line ported to a cell) and she received a call from Forum the other day.

So I don't think it's technically accurate to claim that Forum doesn't call cell phones.

Last edited:
Hate the War on Ford @LetFordBe · 41m 41 minutes ago
DOUG FORD WINS, ACCORDING TO TWITTER Traditional telephone polls, which are increasingly outdated

Hahaha, Christmas is going to come real early for him.

Or rather Hanukkah (Flagg describes himself as a 'God-fearing Jew', something about teaching his kids not to fear gentiles?).

Anyway, amusing to see FN types throwing fits about the prospect of a Tory mayoralty: 'Aargh! The wrong conservative is getting in! The one without drug issues, but otherwise the same ideas! Why can't we have OUR liar?'.

Does anyone know what kind of employer Deco is? Do they take care of their people? Pension, benefits, a living wage? Just curious.

I think Randy handles the Etobicoke operation, and Doug the US operations.

As far as working for Rob is concerned, how can he manage others when he can't even manage himself?

"What could happen to his job if Toronto Mayor Rob Ford were a ‘regular city employee’?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...were-a-regular-city-employee/article15413421/

"Prof. Doorey says it’s a virtual certainty that the mayor, as a “regular city employee,” would have been tossed from his job."

That's a strong statement. Nobody gets fired. Only thing they might do is transfer you to Scarborough.

They would tolerate almost anything, as long as you didn't become a public disgrace.

Last edited:
OT but VERY SERIOUSLY shooting situation ongoing at Parliament Hill after shooting of soldier at the memorial. Terrorism seems to have well and truly arrived in Canada

OT but VERY SERIOUSLY shooting situation ongoing at Parliament Hill after shooting of soldier at the memorial. Terrorism seems to have well and truly arrived in Canada ��

Was just reading about it :\ Follows on shooting of a soldier in Montreal just a few days ago also... Not liking the thought one bit but fear you are right.

OT but VERY SERIOUSLY shooting situation ongoing at Parliament Hill after shooting of soldier at the memorial. Terrorism seems to have well and truly arrived in Canada

After how many debates ( 50 plus ? ) I don't believe I have heard the candidates even asked how they would handle flooded basements, let alone a terrorist attack or Ebola. Probably too political.

"Chatter" I am hearing is that Toronto Paramedics are being issued Tyvek suits.

OT but VERY SERIOUSLY shooting situation ongoing at Parliament Hill after shooting of soldier at the memorial. Terrorism seems to have well and truly arrived in Canada ��

With my Toronto-centric state of mind I thought if this were to happen in Canada it would happen here. Now my wife is insisting we move to a small town...seriously

After how many debates ( 50 plus ? ) I don't believe I have heard the candidates even asked how they would handle flooded basements, let alone a terrorist attack or Ebola. Probably too political.

Just count your lucky stars (well technically, there are two more months, but I digress) that there was nothing SARS like during his tenure. His first priority would have been to make sure he got photos taken with "the suits" and/or making sure he stays cool.

AoD

Ford Hail Mary tricks?

If there are any media bombs coming out, I'm expecting Robbie to try to bump the sympathy vote by getting himself hospitalized. Or by the weekend anyway, if only to force his loving family to congregate in his hospital room to watch the returns.

Still won't be enuf for the Fords to force me to vote for a Harris/Harper Tory.

Given the world we live in it is absolutely astounding that CH emergency response is not top of mind. With Toronto as the financial capital of Canada and the largest city, the subject should be very high on the list of concerns for ALL Torontonians. Would you want crackhead MINO or Thug leading the charge? I think not ...

Coincidentally (or not) Malala Yosef was supposed to be made an honourary Canadian today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back