332     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 438     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
to address Whathe's concerns. We crossed the addiction bridge on this thread long ago. Many of us have have personal or family experiences with various addictions. Taking that subject out of it, give the amount of bs coming out of almost every member of this family, the empathy/sympathy aspect has pretty much vanished. As for Diane Ford, this is a woman who had the balls to sit down with John Tory to give him "permission" to run for mayor as long as Robbie got a turn. This is also a woman (who'd been dealing with the unfortunate addictions of at least two children for a decade or two) who stated Rob Ford just needed to lose some weight and maybe have a breathalyzer in his car (while claiming he didn't have a problem). We also saw what seems to be the banishment of Kathy after she spoke to police (wonder if the family ever sent her to rehab? She certainly needed it), and she wasn't in the family group at Doug's first big presser (although Kathy's son, who is running for trustee, was). I know a lot of really lovely people who have or have had terrible addictions. These are not lovely people.

Let's all agree to give kbdid the last word on this subject. It's a good statement and brings us back on theme.

I vote for a special edition of Survivor or The Amazing Race, the Fords work best when scripted for content. ;)

TAR Canada is my favourite show and I would love to see them on it. They're stupid and in terrible shape and they would implode under pressure.

I don't get it, either. Full disclosure: I'm a fan of Chow's policies (but not her camping, which is often tepid and tone deaf). It seems to me that people are piling on her in bizarre ways. Not only this hospital thing, but for the fact she's "tag teaming" Tory with Dougie. As if the front-runner in every election in history hasn't been "tag teamed" by the also-rans.

What's more, attacking the same person that Dougie is attacking is somehow seen by Ford haters as a greater sin than being a former full-throated Ford supporter, which is what Tory was until very, very recently. It boggles the mind, folks!

It boggles my mind too how people can so strongly support Tory knowing how bad his judgement has been in the past. This is the guy who supported BOTH Fords in the last election and that doesn't make you think twice? It''s amazing the hoops people will jump through to support Tory, much like Ford Nation does to support the Fords. Are Tory supporters all that much different than Ford Nation? I'm beginning to wonder. They seem to have no problem with Tory's unscrupulous, campaign manager, who was Ford's manager last time around. I don't get it. It's like Toronto has all of a sudden become this rabid, right wing place where people will overlook anything to keep the right wing in power. Ford and Tory are not that different in their views.

I really hate what this election is bringing out in Toronto.

It boggles my mind too how people can so strongly support Tory knowing how bad his judgement has been in the past. This is the guy who supported BOTH Fords in the last election and that doesn't make you think twice? It''s amazing the hoops people will jump through to support Tory, much like Ford Nation does to support the Fords. Are Tory supporters all that much different than Ford Nation? I'm beginning to wonder. They seem to have no problem with Tory's unscrupulous, campaign manager, who was Ford's manager last time around. I don't get it. It's like Toronto has all of a sudden become this rabid, right wing place where people will overlook anything to keep the right wing in power. Ford and Tory are not that different in their views.

I really hate what this election is bringing out in Toronto.

That's kinda the problem with this election, and the recent provincial election.

There aren't any really good choices, so you end up having to pick the least bad one.

John Tory: “I don't know how they can criticize my positions if I don't have any."

Giorgio Mammoliti: “I don’t have anything to worry [about] with my integrity.”

Enough said.

Last edited:
And y'know...the weird thing about DiFo is that she *is* in good shape. Looking at her, what we speak of as the "Ford gene" (i.e. the propensity t/w weight issues) is not in evidence.

Even DoFo Sr, from what memory serves me, didn't come across as "obese"--or at most, he was "commanding" in a way more akin to Randy than KaDoRo.

Never mind genetics; it's almost as if the parents genetically engineered their kids to be human livestock, or something like that...

Actually from what i understand the tendency towards alcoholism can be inherited/expressed as a blood sugar problem resulting in excessive, disproportionate weight gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back