3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 701     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing else, the Fords have certainly motivated us to vote, which means it's probably not looking good for Doug and Karla as the first couple of Toronto.

Justine LewkowiczVerified account
‏@JustineLewkowic
Compare: 51,000 have voted over two weekdays. In 2010, 16,000 voted over 6 weekdays in advance polls.

Last edited:
I see all the major news outlets are now covering the BREAKING!!!! news about MSH employees inappropriately accessing RoFo's health info. The same BREAKING!!!! news that broke on reddit more than 36 hours ago and was quickly picked up here and is now brushed off as yesterday's news. I guess because, in here, that's what it is.

I see all the major news outlets are now covering the BREAKING!!!! news about MSH employees inappropriately accessing RoFo's health info. The same BREAKING!!!! news that broke on reddit more than 36 hours ago and was quickly picked up here and is now brushed off as yesterday's news. I guess because, in here, that's what it is.
Thank you. I knew I had read it somewhere in the last day or two.

When Mams stuck Doug's name on the mayor's chair during Spa-hab, I hoped Doug would be deluded enough to try to run, and then immediately fall on his face because of public ridicule. Everyone would see right through it and laugh themselves silly, right? Frank Mag got it right with Doug as Archie Bunker. Candidate Doug would be similarly great comedy. A few laughs, and it's all over, right?

Boy was I wrong. Doug and his endless spout of bullshit is being taken seriously by some people. Yes maybe 27% or 33% on a good day, but that's still 1 out of every 4 people, or even 1 out of 3! If I turn and look around me, the words "Holy Shit!" come to mind.

Toss in a random dust storm or a plague of ebola, and random things can happen, even if it isn't the perfect storm of 2010.

Hmm. But what did they discover? Otherwise who cares? Why make that public.

Hmm. But what did they discover? Otherwise who cares? Why make that public.

It probably happens all the time -- just human curiosity. It's just that you'd never hear about it if the patient were a regular person. Or the staffer would ask someone who is on that patient's case "Hey, what's up with that guy?" and the person would probably tell them (even though they shouldn't). But with a 'high-profile client' everything is magnified.

Kat:

On the other hand, I think there is a compelling case to be made on disclosing his prognosis through an acceptable mechanism. Public interest really isn't served by a candidate whom willfully run in a situation where he has no realistic hope of serving his position.

AoD

Daniel Dale @ddale8
This is a town hall, so attendees will be asking questions. At CBC, downtown, it's less likely to be a Ford-friendly crowd.

Just what I wanted to hear.

GREAT SCOTT! @ScottScottyp8
Ford: city in best shape it's ever been in! Can 'folks' at home hear the chuckling? #TOpoli
Ivor Tossell @ivortossell
Early advantage for Chow on the in-crowd woo-ing. Woooo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back