309     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 820     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 711     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that doesn't appear to be the address on the marriage registration that Anna posted.

The church was founded by some new arrivals for their own use. It could have moved more than once as it grew. For all we know, the first address could have been someone's front parlor or a store front.

Tell you something that gives me pause about the Forum Polls..D Ford's seeming support in the Old City
Sept 12 17%.... Sept 22 18%...Sept 29 25%...Oct 2 27% if that trend continues in NXNW direction there is some concern...All that D Ford have to would to do is make sure the vote breaks his way in Wards 15,16,23,24,25 and 26 and he takes over Oct 28. If I were him I'd be concentrating heavily in those areas...

Why does that concern you? Why doesn't that make you pause and wonder about the quality of the poll??

Seriously. Does anyone really believe that Doug Ford is increasing his chances in the old city of Toronto?

Seeing this in the NP article again:

“Nobody sticks up for people like I do, every f—ing k–e, n—-r, f—ing w-p, d-go, whatever the race.”

just made me realize: Wait a minute, Rob considers w-ps and d-gos to be separate? I thought they were synonymous! Clearly the man is very, uh, discriminating when it comes to slurs.

Maybe we'll see Doug come forward and admit he was 'misconformed' about Karla's Jewishness, while simultaneously appealing to Toronto's Ruthenian community ('Find out where those folks live, okay? Got some new constituents to meet'). Might be a challenge to explain to Rob though (*squinting, scratching head* 'So ... some kind of bohunk?').

What do you think of Ari?

Good question! I'm still trying to figure that out.

I see that he's expanded his platform from when last I looked at it, and now he may just be the next best thing to Soknacki. It's not as sophisticated as Soknacki's (e.g., Soknacki's ideas on regional budgets, park conservancy organizations, downtown parking, EC reps, etc.) but I find his no nonsense position on taxes and transit funding realistic and refreshing.

What he does have that Soknacki didn't is a great debate presence and a fearless charisma. I am seriously considering voting for him.

But I bet they are on untended corners and hydro corridors and the like. I see some around too. But very few on actual houses.

Actually, you'd be surprised how many are on private property. Definitely some corners and corridors, but a lot of vocal Ford supporters. It's been really eye-opening, seeing the number of people who are still True Believers.

Maybe we'll see Doug come forward and admit he was 'misconformed' about Karla's Jewishness, while simultaneously appealing to Toronto's Ruthenian community ('Find out where those folks live, okay? Got some new constituents to meet'). Might be a challenge to explain to Rob though (*squinting, scratching head* 'So ... some kind of bohunk?').

He may have been confused by the word "Orthodox". Often we hear it spoken only as a single word.

All the evidence indicates Eastern Orthodox Church. But, he may have innocently / conveniently confused it with Orthodox Judaism.

With these guys, I would consider a "mistake" such as that a definite possibility.

Last edited:
Seeing this in the NP article again:

“Nobody sticks up for people like I do, every f—ing k–e, n—-r, f—ing w-p, d-go, whatever the race.”

just made me realize: Wait a minute, Rob considers w-ps and d-gos to be separate? I thought they were synonymous! Clearly the man is very, uh, discriminating when it comes to slurs.

W_p: Italian; D__o: Spanish. At least that's the way racists used to use them in the UK when I was growing up and it was fine to say those words on tv.

Someone who's bigger priority is screwing over Robbie's enemies. Even though he's one of Rob's buddies, he's admitted before he's a bit of a buffoon. Yet he still thinks he should be mayor! On a side note, the guy somehow personally knows MetroMan.

Yes but do any of you know Kevin Bacon?

Last edited:
I have no interest in supporting someone who lies about past support of the Fords. Especially not based on a Forum poll.

So what happens with everyone here if Doug wins? What will you guys do?

Nothing. I was born and raised in Toronto. This is my city and I'm not going to be run out of town by some conglomerate of fools who know nothing about this city beyond their property tax statement and how long it takes them to drive to work. People like the Fords and their dumb-downed politics will come and go. I'll still be here.

W_p: Italian; D__o: Spanish. At least that's the way racists used to use them in the UK when I was growing up and it was fine to say those words on tv.

I grew up in part in the UK as well and I recall d_go being used for Italian as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back