622     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 571     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine, from a completely layperson's viewpoint, that they could surmise whether or not the tumour responded to the Chemo and Dairy Queen, and thus what the next steps are.
So if it's good, he can have more DQ?

If you can't land an endorsement, make one up...

GraphicMatt 3:14pm via Echofon
Doug Ford says this is an exact quote from finance minister Charles Sousa: "I can work with you." Over to you, Queen's Park reporters.

Last edited:
Off topic: There is a wonderful episode about that song in the 20 Pieces of Music That Changed the World series by Robert Harris on Michael Enright's Sunday Morning show.* Apparently it was the first American hit song durring the Great Depression that was not on the theme of "cheer up, smile!" Due to performance rights issues the series it is not available as a podcast but it can be streamed: http://www.cbc.ca/thesundayedition/...wenty-pieces-of-music-that-changed-the-world/.

*Bit of a cheat: The series has more than 20; but the more the better when it comes to Robert Harris.

Reminds me of my reaction to the moderator of the arts debate, "Fucked Up".

Like Peter Falk said, "Actually I do not listen to the radio, at least not music, I do not understand it; Perry Como I do understand. But these rock music fans, no, I do not understand them."

View attachment 34925

Last edited:
But recall, "My wife and kids hate me."

From the Globe this afternoon:

The worst part, he said, has been the effect on his family. “It’s explaining to my kid what a will is,” he said. “Stephanie’s 10 and Dougie’s seven – they know what’s going on at 10 and seven, and it’s heartbreaking at times…They say stuff like ‘Who’s going to tuck me in at night? Who’s going to take care of us?’ Some nights I just cry myself to sleep.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-chemotherapy/article20894828/?click=sf_globe

From the Globe this afternoon:

"The worst part, he said, has been the effect on his family. “It’s explaining to my kid what a will is,” he said. “Stephanie’s 10 and Dougie’s seven – they know what’s going on at 10 and seven, and it’s heartbreaking at times…They say stuff like ‘Who’s going to tuck me in at night? Who’s going to take care of us?’ Some nights I just cry myself to sleep.” "

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-chemotherapy/article20894828/?click=sf_globe

He never asked that when he was smoking crack and gawd knows what else? Who will tuck them in if he ODs or gets arrested? This is revolting.

AoD

Last edited:
Well that presser was a little slapdash wasn't it?
The DRL is now first prority hmmm....last time we saw R Ford discussing the DRL was down the list behind both Shep aand Finch...the does the braintrust believe the Old City/East York are now going to flock to the Ford banner after constant bewailing of "Downtowners"?
The continued fallacy of 540M being available for use from Build Toronto....maybe D Ford missed the motions where the monies where allocated elsewhere...
The continued double down on provincial funding for LRTs...D Ford it is provincial money not municipal you are still 2B short of your 3B commitment for subways...
Air rights for cripes sake...it is tough enough to get development along the outer edges of B-D and Spadina now without ratepayer asociations getting up in arms about densification let alone heights...
The panacea of P3's, D Ford being a business person must recognize that what ever a private enterprise puts in they'll expect a generous return and who will be there to give to them that, the taxpayer
On what cloud is D Ford living? All anyone has to do is take a look at the original Master Agreement with Metrolinx to recognize the Eg was intended to be underground through the Old City from the onset of the agreement and that was before R Ford was even elected mayor....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back