283     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 413     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford Square is coming.

In sponsorship deal Toronto’s Maple Leaf Square to be renamed Ford Square

Ford and MLSE plan to announce the name change early next week.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...re/article20771085/?cmpid=rss1&click=sf_globe

This is way effed-up. :p Couldn't they wait until October 28?

Doug will say it was done in honour of Doug Sr and Rob, and to recognize Mikey for his civic achievement.

And we wonder why the circus continues. Do these guys have a clue? Thank you corporate Canada.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Can't someone publicly call him out on that, specifically the born-into-money part, the nepotism and the misuse of the driver? Why is that so hard?

Money is just a proxy for class warfare. The Fords are rich but they are also white trash, so therefore they are rich because of hard work. Tory went to the right schools and talks like a pansy so he is the elite. In a sense it's old money vs new money, and new money is seen differently by those who are trying to escape the monotonous hellhole that is their daily lives. If you are blue collar and poor in Rexdale you will never be a John Tory, but there is a chance you could be a Ford. And that's why he gets away with it.

No, Doug has just gotta be Doug. He's more obnoxious than Rob, and he doesn't know when to STFU. If he thinks he's hammering away at Tory's support, he's nuts. Oh yeah, that's right, he is nuts.

Ann Hui @annhui · 24m
"My father never gave me a single penny...or gave me a position" Doug Ford says

Ann Hui @annhui · 25m
"I grew up working in my dad's factory," Doug says on "silver spoon" accusation of John Tory. "I worked day in day out 18 hrs a day"

He also worked 18 hours a day, day in day out as a councillor and STILL managed to miss 53% of the votes. 3rd worst of all councillors.

Money is just a proxy for class warfare. The Fords are rich but they are also white trash, so therefore they are rich because of hard work. Tory went to the right schools and talks like a pansy so he is the elite. In a sense it's old money vs new money, and new money is seen differently by those who are trying to escape the monotonous hellhole that is their daily lives. If you are blue collar and poor in Rexdale you will never be a John Tory, but there is a chance you could be a Ford. And that's why he gets away with it.

I believe the joke goes, "Olivia was poor, Doug's father was poor, JT's great-great grandfather was poor."

Something like that.

He also worked 18 hours a day, day in day out as a councillor and STILL managed to miss 53% of the votes. 3rd worst of all councillors.

And weren't the other two on medical leave? ( I could be wrong about that. )

Last edited:
This is away effed-up. :)-P Couldn't they wait until October 28?

Doug will say it was done in honour of Doug Sr and Rob, and to recognize Mikey for his civic achievement.

That might be too blatant even for Doug. Though Thug may try to crash the unveiling party\announcement. Oh who am I kidding, I can totally see that happening.

Not sure if this has been covered but cops had no other ITOs to bring forward. I'm surprised as I've heard there were other things in the works!

There could definitely be other things in the works - all this means is there haven't been any warrants sought. It doesn't mean interviews aren't being conducted and evidence isn't being collected...

Have you seen this article?

http://goo.gl/lhYoRD

Near the end it talks about the $2M loss Build Toronto lost last year. Wonder if this has anything to do with what Jude is talking about ....

"Tory referred to the performance of the city agency Build Toronto, which is supposed to make big bucks through developing city-owned land but made not a single sale in 2013 and posted a $2.1 million loss.

Build Toronto “is supposed to return tens of millions of dollars to the taxpayers through the sale of and better use of city owned-land. Doug Ford has been the vice-chairman of that,†Tory said.

“That organization somehow managed to achieve a miracle last year, which is to lose $2 million monetizing land. But there’s no accountability. There’s no measurement as to what the expectation was from them and no accountability going forward.â€"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back