News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 602     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 34s
Jaklin Gulpshin, who was visiting her mother at HRH, says she saw Mayor Ford leave the hospital. #TOpoli

Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 21s
Gulpshin says Ford was on a stretcher and being loaded into an ambulance. When she asked nurses, they told her Ford was being transferred.

Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 1m
She believes he is headed to a hospital downtown. #TOpoli

Yep, a transfer.

If
a) your dad died of colon cancer,
b) you had a tumour removed from your appendix a couple of years ago,
c) you also had a section of your colon removed at that time,
d) you suddenly start to get frequent abdominal pain

why the fuck would you leave it 3 months before you went to see a doctor?

Absolute stupidity IMHO.

The leader of a organization/company/government must wear many hats. They need to be competent in their basic function of managing the organization, but they also set the tone on how you should act and what is acceptable. They need to set an example. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, showing up for work everyday and interacting in a pleasant and cheerful manner is part of that.

Mayor Miller set a good example by using transit ( and not just for show, I still see him coming in and out of the subway station. ) Although never morbidly obese, he lost weight through diet and exercise.

German is a root language for English.

Not exactly. German and English share a common ancestor and are more closely related than they might seem some of the time. Both have borrowed from each other but neither is at the root of the other.

The lack of mutual intelligibility comes down to both languages borrowing from different sources and developing different grammars. We know what Tumor and Klinik are because Latin gave those to both German and English, but Krankenhaus? It's a house for those who are krank - ill, unwell - which is related to 'cranky'. German does have the words Hospital and Spital but in Germany they refer to care homes and seniors' residences, whereas Hospital is the standard term for a hospital in Austria and Spital is used almost exclusively in that sense in Switzerland.

And unless you're familiar with the term 'burgomaster' as an archaic word for 'mayor' (which comes from French and ultimately Latin), you probably wouldn't guess that a Bürgermeister is the master of all citizens (Bürger <- Burg = settlement, fortress).

Jaklin Gulpshin, who was visiting her mother at HRH, says she saw Mayor Ford leave the hospital. #TOpoli

Gulpshin says Ford was on a stretcher and being loaded into an ambulance. When she asked nurses, they told her Ford was being transferred.

Yep, a transfer.
Ummm, why would nurses divulge that information???

Yep, a transfer.

Have to wonder how this info could be released through the nurses.

AoD

I did, but the discussion started with reference to his weight so I assumed you were referring to it in that context. My bad.
I thought the same thing - thought we were in for another 10 pages of "jump on khristopher" again - whew!

Mayors Lastman and Miller took on the unions.

Lastman over "jobs for life" and Miller for the Sick Bank.

What did Ford do? He gave TTC essential service status. Wait till you see the binding interest arbitration results. Ford never challenged police or emergency services contracts. That is what Soknacki wanted to do. Ford wouldn't even take on Paid Duty, and insisted on calling it overtime. It is not overtime, and there is a big difference. For one thing, Paid Duty does not show on the Sunshine List.

Well said casita.

To add to your point, the only thing Ford can point to is his supposed $150M in savings on labour negotiations. Which is a typical Rob Ford lie:

1. The contracts didn't go down $150M, they just didn't go up as much as a historical projection would have assumed for budget purposes.

2. The reason for that is not Ford's masterful negotiating skills, it's because they were negotiated in the chilliest environment for public sector negotiations in recent memory. ALL public sector contracts in Ontario were hit hard with major concessions and wage freezes. OPSEU even opened the last round of bargaining by publicly offering a wage freeze in order to preempt deeper cuts!

And oh yeah, there WAS a strike, despite Ford's constant claims to the contrary.

I thought the same thing - thought we were in for another 10 pages of "jump on khristopher" again - whew!

LOL, hey don't knock it, it might be the only exercise some of the keyboard warriors here get;)

From now on I'm calling Rub KrackSkandalbürgermeister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back