452     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 989     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that headline for real?

Torontos Skandalbürgermeister mit Tumor in Klinik

It sounds like the "German" Benny Hill used to speak on his old show.

It's real (and fairly standard German). It might sound off to you because newspaper headlines often have a style that uses lots of nouns.

Nobody's got time for that! MINO has a tumor! Lisi? Tumor! Anthony Smith, what is the connecti- Tumor! Allegations of continuing DUI, TUMOR! Conflict of intere- Gimme a T! Gimme a U! Gimme a, ah let's just go straight to it. Tumor!

I'll add my prediction to this:

Junky bows out.
Mutey continues to run for council, wins.
Junky and Liar continue to "represent" Mutey, speaking on his behalf (for ALL communication that Worms doesn't present).
Within six months, Mutey steps aside (having never uttered a public word) after Junky is all fixed-up, Junky wins ward 2 by-election.
2015ish: Commence Merryl Camping Season.

Of course, this would depend on Junky not dying (BOO HOO) or living in the hoosgow.

I'm guessing Ford went to Humber because, you know, it's the closest hospital to his home? That's usually what people do in an emergency situation. Go to the nearest hospital. Right?

I'm guessing Ford went to Humber because, you know, it's the closest hospital to his home? That's usually what people do in an emergency situation. Go to the nearest hospital. Right?

Correct. And because he's been treated there in the past. Some of the theories flying around here are getting a tad ridiculous.

Depends on the people. Are we talking about a fucked-up junky? Or regular people?
Most regular folks would go to the Hospital quite soon after experiencing excruciating abdominal pain, not wait and see for three months.
You are wasting your time trying to figure out RoFo's methods...if you are a regular folk.

but then I realized I had mixed up Leugnen (denying) with Lügen (lies). For a moment I thought a media outlet was finally calling Ford what he is.

Actually you were right the first time. "Leugnen" is usually connotated with denying something even if it was true all along and you knew it. So they are calling him a liar.

It's real (and fairly standard German). It might sound off to you because newspaper headlines often have a style that uses lots of nouns.

No, it sounded "off" to me because I understood it, despite not speaking German. That's what I meant by it sounding like Benny Hill's German.

I'll add my prediction to this:

Junky bows out.
Mutey continues to run for council, wins.
Junky and Liar continue to "represent" Mutey, speaking on his behalf (for ALL communication that Worms doesn't present).
Within six months, Mutey steps aside (having never uttered a public word) after Junky is all fixed-up, Junky wins ward 2 by-election.

I think someone else pointed out that this wouldn't happen within 2 years of the election, instead the council would vote to put someone in that position as an interim councilor. Mutey would have to sit tight for at least a couple of years.

Exactly - just like if you trashed your car in Barrie, you would take it to an auto body shop in Barrie.

Based on nothing but my limited personal experience with a friend having been diagnosed with colon cancer in her 40's, in a very similar manner (at the ED after abdominal pain became unbearable), I would not be surprised at all if Ford didn't make it a year. If he in fact has colon cancer, and stays on the ballot, they are delusional.

And i can't see DoFo throwing his hat in the mayoral race ring. As heartless as they are, I have to believe they are reeling from this news, especially having lost their beloved father to colon cancer. They know exactly what is in store for RoFo if this is in fact cancer, and they know it isn't pretty. I don't care who you are, that has to be scary and overwhelming.

I do wonder what the absence of RoFo's testimony will mean for the Lisi proceedings.

Some of the theories flying around here are getting a tad ridiculous.
Some are.

But it all seems very bizarre when you ask these questions:

• What were the odds, that the only medical professional at the hospital who has spoken about this, just happens to be the former president of the Progressive-Conservative Party of Ontario, with a well-documented grudge against John Tory.
  • This has been an ongoing issue for months with much documentation of Ford making various visits to health professionals, and it comes about about 36-hours before the deadline to finalize the candidates list for the election?
  • Who arranges a full blown press conference at a hospital the same day that you first go in for treatment?
Perhaps it's all a coincidence ... but given both Dough Ford's and Rob Ford's history of pathologically lying about everything under the sun, once can't help but be a little suspicious when the fire alarm goes off, just before the exam.

Last edited:
Depends on the people. Are we talking about a fucked-up junky? Or regular people?
Most regular folks would go to the Hospital quite soon after experiencing excruciating abdominal pain, not wait and see for three months.
You are wasting your time trying to figure out RoFo's methods...if you are a regular folk.

I'm a regular folk. And I routinely put off going to the doctor for weeks or months, even when I know something's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back