Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 10.12.09 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 10.12.09 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 10.12.09 PM.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 656
"Incidentally, @CityNews is reporting the new forum poll everyone has been panicking about does not show Ford in the lead."
https://twitter.com/DanFmTo/status/504800084861935616

and in response:

@erikawybourn 23m
@DanFmTo ofcourse it doesn't; I'm convinced the Tory team spread this rumour to get him scare votes #TOpoli

DanFmTo 22m
@erikawybourn I could believe Nicky would try that.

someone was wondering what Kouvalis was up to? ;)

yeah, I think propping up RoFo to seem stronger than he really is (same with the Star's opinion piece) only hurts the Fords. It pokes some complacent people, reminds them that they have to vote Ford out, not just sit around and hope others do it for them.

and in response:

@erikawybourn 23m
@DanFmTo ofcourse it doesn't; I'm convinced the Tory team spread this rumour to get him scare votes #TOpoli

DanFmTo 22m

yeah, I think propping up RoFo to seem stronger than he really is (same with the Star's opinion piece) only hurts the Fords. It pokes some complacent people, reminds them that they have to vote Ford out, not just sit around and hope others do it for them.

It certainly wouldn't be beneath Kouvalis to fear monger.

Foghorn Leghorn: "I say, I say: That dog's lower than a snake full of buckshot. That's a joke, son. Look at me when I'm talkin' to you."

Last edited:
and in response:

@erikawybourn 23m

DanFmTo 22m

AGREE, AGREE, AGREE!!!

Fingers crossed that the Don Bosco stories are more than just calling kids names and bullying staff. There's no way he didn't show up drunk to practice, drive kids while wasted, or get high with them at some point.

AGREE, AGREE, AGREE!!!

Fingers crossed that the Don Bosco stories are more than just calling kids names and bullying staff. There's no way he didn't show up drunk to practice, drive kids while wasted, or get high with them at some point.

And the friggen op ed in the STAR makes sense now - prop the guy up and warn he may win knowing that the very next day this comes out. dammit. I hate no sleep.

It certainly wouldn't be beneath Kouvalis to fear monger.

Foghorn Leghorn: "I say, I say. That dog's lower than a snake full of buckshot. That's a joke, son."

Can anyone remember the source: "He could crawl under a snake."

The Star has the same story tomorrow. They all have the documents now.

Yes. Looks like neither Ford nor the TCDSB is going to file for judicial review. As for Ford's part, he probably hopes that it will all fade away long before Oct. 27. (And based on events to date he might not be that wrong.)

Horse's mouth--

NickKouvalis 10:20pm via Twitter for Android
@ivortossell I don't know of any poll that has Ford in 1st, but I have him in 2nd & Chow way back in 3rd. It's all over for Chow.

And the friggen op ed in the STAR makes sense now - prop the guy up and warn he may win knowing that the very next day this comes out. dammit. I hate no sleep.

Am I the only one who thinks that Dan Rath story is a few months out-of-date? It reads like the usual vague whatever until you hit his magical fourth factor - the supposed "tidal wave". The redemption angle would have made sense if this was written around the time of his return from rehab, but at this point it's all ringing hollow. There is no evidence of a "reformed" Rob Ford, and the Ford campaign isn't promoting that message at all. He has dropped all semblance of contrition, he's stopped using the "one day at a time" language of rehab, and sobriety coach has disappeared. This just doesn't seem like the clincher to his argument that he thinks it is.

Here's the key bit from the article:

"But the tidal wave in this fall’s perfect storm is factor four — the potential appeal of a “reformed†Rob Ford. Doug Ford is a cunning strategist; he can read these tea leaves, too. His candidate brother can deliver his lines and execute, not suavely, but with great impact and effectiveness.

If the Fords put the mayor forward as a contrite, changed person who has learned a lesson from everything he’s been through, the conditions are in place for him to cobble together enough votes to prevail over John Tory and Olivia Chow on Oct. 27."
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2014/08/27/why_rob_ford_will_win_again_in_toronto.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back