912     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 407     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 492     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think RoFo bailed on tonight's debate when he realized the format required him to do homework instead of sprouting soundbites. All three candidates prepared thoughtful answers to questions that were given out earlier. Somehow I can't see RoFo or anyone on his team doing that. He'll be like a fish out of water.

Hence the short notice for this "intimate and elegant affair". Kind of kill two birds with one stone.

Wha? that makes no sense. You commit to something, confirm your participation, realize you are in over your head and will be exposed as a fool if you go there so you decide to.... deliberately schedule another event at the same time??? That just makes you look like a complete asshat. It's not like if you said "OOOPS! I somehow forgot that your debate is actually the same day as my wife's cousin wedding! I have to attend the family event... family first y'know?" He scheduled the fundraiser for the same evening knowing he was already booked for the debate -- it wasn't an accidental double-booking.

If you want to weasel your way out of something, you come out of your office with one hand over your mouth and the other on your belly, declare you ate some funky roti or week-old greek salad at lunch, and that you simply can't go to any event tonight, you're going home to lie down with a bucket next to the bed. Sorry, I'm suddenly feel so unwell... (great way to get out of going to work the next day, too). why not just keep it simple?

I know DiFo owns a big house, but with so many guests, I wonder how many bathrooms are there?

Do they rent Blue Rockets for special occasions?

They have an excellent canopy of stately and elegant trees. Maybe that's not good enough for you, but the rest of us aren't latte sipping, raccoon-hugging elitists.

who believes they raised $75,000?

said at the end of this video...

http://www.680news.com/2014/08/21/rob-ford-holds-fundraiser-at-mothers-etobicoke-home/

and the supporters in it are exemplary ford nation representatives!

Using real math or Ford math? It's still a drop in the bucket compared to the expenditures for last time and the debt they still incurred. Unless Deco money is being used I doubt they are in the black. One ponders why the shying away from large venues after their first cluster fuck.

They have an excellent canopy of stately and elegant trees. Maybe that's not good enough for you, but the rest of us aren't latte sipping, raccoon-hugging elitists.

And shields them from the black helicopters!

are they still planning to have a fordfest, etobicoke edition?

That was the plan after the Scarborough Ford Fester, and then they were gong to use a private venue for the Etob. Ford Fester; this event may be what was left at the bottom of the barrel of ideas that would cost least.

I still believe the Ford Machination is running low on actual donated funds, hence the use of City Hall, and other illegal places for camping.

Did anyone else see Rob's CP24 meek and rambling post-party interview on CP24. Another weird one, his voice was weak and squeaky. No fire in him at all. Mostly, he just seemed out of it. Not wasted, just somewhere else. Lethargic, I guess. He's been that way all week from what I've seen.

Also, as mentioned before, I don't understand why the reporters didn't count the people going in. Seems like the obvious thing to do. CP24 is reporting bullshit numbers re attendence/fundraising. Their reporter did ask Rob some tough questions re campaign finance in the post-party interview, though.

Did anyone else see Rob's CP24 meek and rambling post-party interview on CP24. Another weird one, his voice was weak and squeaky. No fire in him at all. Mostly, he just seemed out of it. Not wasted, just somewhere else. Lethargic, I guess. He's been that way all week from what I've seen.

Also, as mentioned before, I don't understand why the reporters didn't count the people going in. Seems like the obvious thing to do. CP24 is reporting bullshit numbers re attendence/fundraising. Their reporter did ask Rob some tough questions re campaign finance in the post-party interview, though.

this video...

http://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=422575

eta: my guess is he's on mdma

Last edited:
eta: my guess is he's on mdma

It's that crazed little smile at the end of every sentence.. Dunno if it's MDMA - if it is, he's doing remarkably well. My money's on hash brownies or some kind of pot edibles. He just seems to be cruising along at that kind of speed (heard from a friend). Other possibility is some sort of perscribed opiate like Vicadin or Oxycontin. Whatever it is, something's got him relaxed and feeling pretty good....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back