263     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

“That guy’s a hard-working guy. The most hard-working mayor here in Canada. In the world!†said Arden Dottin, a public housing resident who said he called Ford about problems in his building. “The world, and Canada, runs from Monday to Friday, 8-to-4 or 9-to-5. Rob Ford’s working 25 hours a day!â€

fudging hockey sticks. Are you kidding me???? He ADMITTED to Joe Warmington that he has shown up to work late because he's hungover. His late arrivals have been well documented. There is literally nothing that will prove to these people that Ford is a lazy pos entitled spoiled brat is there. So frustrated!

What the hell is Stintz thinking? I can't believe after all that happened she is all buddy buddy with Ford now. Everyone else is staying as far away from him as possible, yet here she is climbing in high heels in a race to the top with him. They, and the kids below them, are damned lucky nobody wiped out.

Agreed. I am finding this very weird. Is she taunting him or is she under threat of blackmail? I really doubt they are in any kind of political alliance.

Here’s the Assumptions Arithmetic that worries me:

• ~ 8% support for Stintz
  • ~ 8% support for Soknacki
  • ~ 1% support for all fringe candidates
  • 27% = Alan Keyes Constant = Ford Nation core support
  • 44% = subtotal
  • 100% -44% = 56%
  • 56% divide by 2 front-runner candidates (Tory & Chow, Ginsberg & Wong, Wayne & Shuster, etc)
= 28% each

Question: how many additional points – from low-information voters – does FooNayshun need to win? :(

NB: margin of error is still about 3%

• 44% = subtotal
  • 100% -44% = 56%
  • 56% divide by 2 front-runner candidates (Tory & Chow, Ginsberg & Wong, Wayne & Shuster, etc)
= 28% each

Question: how many additional points – from low-information voters – does FooNayshun need to win? :(

One would hope KS and DS will bow out and endorse Tory. In a 3-way Ford can't win.

• 44% = subtotal
  • 100% -44% = 56%
= 28% each

Good God - I think I have to vomit.

One would hope KS and DS will bow out and endorse Tory. In a 3-way Ford can't win.

In that scenario I worry that KS and DS supporters will just stay home. My mind reels how many people can complain but never vote. (I vote *and* I clutch my pearls tsk-tsk.)

As many have said, the key may be to talk to all the non-voting types you can, one-to-one. Get them out to vote!

"Hundreds of thousands"... hmmm... in Ford math that's anywhere between 400,000 or 1.8 million. In 14 years? And answering all his calls... it's doable if we 72-84 hour days.

• 44% = subtotal
  • 100% -44% = 56%
= 28% each

Is that's assuming 100% of voters, or respondents?

• 44% = subtotal
  • 100% -44% = 56%
= 28% each

There's only just about 8% support for Stintz and Socks combined, not 8% each, and as we get nearer election day, they'll get squeezed as people rally round who they best think can stop RoFo.

"Hundreds of thousands"... hmmm... in Ford math that's anywhere between 400,000 or 1.8 million. In 14 years? And answering all his calls... it's doable if we 72-84 hour days.

Keep in mind that at one point, Doug told us that Rob returns 500 calls a day. If you are prone to believe that, then you`re just as likely to believe he made all those calls from the International Space Station (while teaching himself Russian)...

Yeah, everything speculated about KS is premised on the fact that Boutros is merely a placeholder. He insists he's not. But then neither is Michael Ford, right?

Am I missing something?

Once you've registered, won't your name still be on the ballot come election day?

If you drop out before a certain date, is your name removed? And if so, when is that deadline?

Otherwise, the so-called place-holders would still be there and, certainly in the case of Ward 2, there would then be two Fords on the ballot.

Keep in mind that at one point, Doug told us that Rob returns 500 calls a day. If you are prone to believe that, then you`re just as likely to believe he made all those calls from the International Space Station (while teaching himself Russian)...

Well, Robbie can theoretically cover more distance, and possibly more houses if using the ISS. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back