333     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 596     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've already received a response from the office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for your email to the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario (IPC). We are aware of this video posted to the Mayor’s website and it has been updated to blur out the phone numbers so they are illegible. However, anyone whose name is on the list is entitled to file a privacy complaint to our office to investigate.

I hope this general information will be of assistance to you. While we cannot provide you with legal advice, we make every effort to assist you. Should you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

XXXXXX
Information Officer
Information & Privacy Commissioner, Ontario, Canada

Rob's order is five espressos in one cup! Looks like he's looking for his high any way he can get it.

Also, 90% of Ford's contribution to the conversation is "Wow.", "Unbelievable", and "That's so cool", except when he's talking about his pet issues, or giggling like a maniac. Also, how weird is it that after Ford asks for his five espressos in one cup, he thinks it's the funniest thing in the world when Deadmau5 asks for a "single and two doubles"? That's what five is! And then he gets hysterical about it again ten minutes later! What the Hell? At times I thought I was watching a deleted scene from Step Brothers. I half expected Rob to ask "What's your favorite dinosaur?" at some point.

What an idiot.

Last edited:
Rob's order is five espressos in one cup! Looks like he's looking for his high any way he can get it.

Also, 90% of Ford's contribution to the conversation is "Wow.", "Unbelievable", and "That's so cool".

What an idiot.

Wonder which brother is the one with the board game anger managment issue, when the the family plays Risk -- "'cause my brother picks up the whole friggin' table and starts freaking out -- FUCK YOU, I DON'T CARE."

Ladies and gentlemen, your chief magistrate tells an amusing anecdote about his (actual) chief of staff.

(starts at about 25:30)

Last edited:
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m
"Karen advocates for parks over and over again" Rob Ford on Karen Stintz #TOpoli

Clearly, that office meeting resulted in a deal. It is/will never be RoFo's MO to compliment an opponent.

Here's a completely hypothetical, devil's advocate answer to your post.

Ford's handwritten callback list is another example of how the Fords do tactics instead of strategy:

- It's clearly his handwriting. Why didn't someone else screen the calls and give him the summaries? Waste of time

"I will -personally- call you back, no other mayor has done that, none of my opponents have done that, it's all about selling (but not actually closing) and customer service folks"

- There's no room anywhere to write down a response, follow-up or additional data. He has no way of actioning the calls

"I take actions, I have been in this game taking action for 14 years folks. 24/7, 365, even through a '4:20' if I have to."

- He's not tracking if the person answers - just calls. If he calls back and you aren't home then too bad

"I'm all about the customer service folks, you're the boss, and I'm not going to pester you where you are, who you're with, what you're doing, because it's none of my business. I'm not that C*&$sucker Chief Blair. Taking care of constituents, is my business. That's all my business. Anything I do outside of that, is none of -your- business."

- Nothing is getting entered into a database, which means no metrics and no proof or performance tracking

"Aaeeeh..see, this is so biased elitist pinko union leftists smear. Ask anyone in TCHC, ask anyone in Dixon, they know who's King. And they know to shut up because they know I don't throw my friends under the bus. So you'd be wise to be my friend, capiche'?"

Ford is generating a shitload of valuable data (both for him and for the city), which could be obtained with less effort than he currently spends doing it by hand. Ford gets the tactical win (quick call with an appreciative voter) but misses the ability to do anything strategic with the data. And that, folks, is why retail politics wins elections but doesn't run cities.

"Let the people have their say come October. You know some people are so passionate about criticizing me, I just wish they put their name on the ballot. I welcome anyone to be a candidate, and I will debate anyone and anywhere, gladly. Thugbro, Jerry, Graeme, let's go. I spot some asshole reporters who can use some Ford football tackle practice."

Sad but... hate to think what would happen if they let Rob loose in a bouncy castle!

Soknacki2014 11:06am via Twitter Web Client
Scheduled media interview w/ David just bumped for "Ford visits park" story. Candidly: we'll need A+ social media to outflank this.

Last edited:
Ok my humble attempt at complaining has been sent!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ms. Leiper,

I'm writing today, as I'm sure many others are (and have been), to lodge a complaint against Mayor Rob Ford for, yet again, breaking the rules.

In his latest campaign video posted on his campaign website (http://www.robfordformayor.ca/) there is a video that he was seen shooting during work hours in his mayoral office. (https://twitter.com/JProskowGlobal/status/489407111814586369)

While reviewing the City of Toronto Policy on Use of City Resources* during an election, it seems to me that his campaign video violates at least B1, B2 and B3. However, since he was granted a permit to campaign in a public park in direct violation of B4, I highly doubt that he will face any sort of retribution for his continual rule-breaking for his latest offense.

If by chance he is found guilty, I assume that the punishment will be for him to sputter out an insincere apology and move on. I am only sending this email due to the principle of the matter, and not because I have any faith that Mayor (in name only) Rob Ford will face any consequences for his blatant disregard to the rules of the City. I continue to be ashamed to call myself a Torontonian.

I am also copying the office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner and attaching a small screen grab of the video where constituents phone numbers are on display for all to see. Please note that if you watch the video in full screen mode that the numbers are much more visible than in this low-res picture. There are reports on Twitter by a Toronto Star reporter that one of the numbers belongs to a 15y/o minor who did not authorize their number to be used.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX

*http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro.../Use of City Resources during an Election.pdf
nice

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m
"Karen advocates for parks over and over again" Rob Ford on Karen Stintz #TOpoli

Clearly, that office meeting resulted in a deal. It is/will never be RoFo's MO to compliment an opponent.

Budget Chief in exchange for throwing support first week of October?

Members of A.A. are supposed to be anonymous. However Rofo was often taking photos outside of A.A.meetings in Muskoka while in rehab. I witnessed this at Port Carling one recent Friday. I abstained from A.A. while he was here to avoid the circus. Attendance definitely increased once it was common knowledge he was hitting local meetings. I was saddened and ashamed for the star f---ers.

Last edited:
One thumb up. Coffee with whatshisname...

ivortossell 4:51pm via Twitter for Mac
Verdict: three and a half stars. A solid entry to tide Ford's fans over until the release of "Here I am at another fucking playground."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back