939     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 613     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it could just mean that the city-paid staff that used to handle all the little details for off the book events fled en masse and the newbies have no clue what they're doing.

As Daniel Dale said in the chat this afternoon, Ford can't get good staff like he used to due to all of the scandals and other nonsense.

From what I can gather by asking if someone is supporting him it would be considered a political call (campaigning), Since these calls are govern by CRTC they will not be tied to campaigning for the event as the city can only deal with the event itself not the invitations leading to it. So as usual the Fords have found a way around the laws. I believe there is someone else behind the scenes pulling the major strings in all of this. Doug may be pulling Rob's but Someone who knows how to walk on the fine line of the laws with out really breaking them. Someone that knows how to use every little loophole to their advantage is really running the show. I do not think either Rob or Doug are smart enough to do that. This is just IMHO

Alternatively, Slob and Thug are simply barrelling their way through as usual, not worrying themselves about such trifling, insignificant details like "rules" or "laws" because they assume, also as usual, that they're not going to be held accountable in any meaningful way. And as recent developments clearly show, every supposed watchdog, the entire city bureuacracy and the invertebrates Slob's running against for Mayor all seem hellbent on proving them right.

Now, Hotmail Lawyer just might possess enough cunning to advise them as you suggest, though I strongly suspect it's mostly just our two bullyboys doing whatever the hell they damn well please, and to hell with the consequences. Again, as usual. Sadly enough. Maybe it's a little from Column (A.) and a little from Column (B.)?

Thank god the Chow for mayor thing is losing steam, i can live with Tory if Ford loses...clearly Chow is an even more city/suburb dividing candidate than even Ford. I wish some of the professional protesters that follow Ford around would call out Chow on her antics but we are all busy actually working, unless the Chow mob.

Oh you're back, are you?

I recall reading about all the people who left/quit city hall when Ford became mayor but I can't find it now but did find this, which is interesting IMO.

The secret list of civilians the Ford administration supposedly wanted to sit on city boards and agencies.
This one caught my eye. Remember the denial about Rob being at Tims before his trip to the spahab. I wonder if she pulled any strings for that denial. (I believe the young woman did see him. https://twitter.com/caylaclarkson/status/463660752142737408)

Lindsay Colley
Appointed: Not initially, but later appointed to replace Stephen Dulmage.
Who she is: Colley is the manager of sustainability at Tim Hortons Inc.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...s_for_city_boards_and_agencies_revealed.html#

Colley is a member of the Toronto Public Library Board.

Thank god the Chow for mayor thing is losing steam, i can live with Tory if Ford loses...clearly Chow is an even more city/suburb dividing candidate than even Ford. I wish some of the professional protesters that follow Ford around would call out Chow on her antics but we are all busy actually working, unless the Chow mob.

One might make the argument that Chow is more urban than suburban, but to say she's even more divisive than Ford is without merit.

From this I think that 1) Dougie and company had no real idea what Robbie was doing or when he was returning, 2) It was assumed Musik would deal with everything as before but they pulled out, or 3) Dougie, the businessman, does not have the skills to look up policy/regulations for filing paperwork or running a crew... ah, staff to do it for him.

I'm not sure Muzik pulled out. You may recall that when questions were asked about just how close Rob and his good pal "Z" were, and in particular the allegations about Ford's cocaine use at the club and that the Muzik owner told staff Ford was their best customer, "Z" was pretty quick to disavow the relationship:

"Recently, Mayor Rob Ford has been among our guests, attending events with hundreds of other patrons.

In each case Mayor Ford paid his own way and any interactions with me were of a purely social nature. Contrary to what has been reported in the media, Mayor Ford and I are not close and have never had an interaction outside a professional setting. In fact, he has only attended Muzik nightclub three times since January. My company provided the sale and service of alcohol to Ford Fest events in the summer, as we do at a number of large events in the city, and we did so for a fee.

Comments in the media attributed to me about Mayor Ford's status at Muzik are totally false."

Along with the questions about corruption - Zlatko Starkovski is a registered lobbyist yet provided the alcohol at the last 2 Ford Fests - I'm pretty sure "Z" wasn't going to come near another Ford Fest. I also suspect that Ford didn't take kindly to his good buddy publicly disavowing their friendship. He's think-skinned and likes to be liked by people, especially people he considers cool and influential.

But your 1) and 3) are totally plausible. As is the possibility that the Fords just assumed normal rules wouldn't apply to them.

Here's the original Star story: http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._cocaine_at_exclusive_club_witnesses_say.html

I'm not sure Muzik pulled out. You may recall that when questions were asked about just how close Rob and his good pal "Z" were, and in particular the allegations about Ford's cocaine use at the club and that the Muzik owner told staff Ford was their best customer, "Z" was pretty quick to disavow the relationship:

"Recently, Mayor Rob Ford has been among our guests, attending events with hundreds of other patrons.

In each case Mayor Ford paid his own way and any interactions with me were of a purely social nature. Contrary to what has been reported in the media, Mayor Ford and I are not close and have never had an interaction outside a professional setting. In fact, he has only attended Muzik nightclub three times since January. My company provided the sale and service of alcohol to Ford Fest events in the summer, as we do at a number of large events in the city, and we did so for a fee.

Comments in the media attributed to me about Mayor Ford's status at Muzik are totally false."

Along with the questions about corruption - Zlatko Starkovski is a registered lobbyist yet provided the alcohol at the last 2 Ford Fests - I'm pretty sure "Z" wasn't going to come near another Ford Fest. I also suspect that Ford didn't take kindly to his good buddy publicly disavowing their friendship. He's think-skinned and likes to be liked by people, especially people he considers cool and influential.

But your 1) and 3) are totally plausible. As is the possibility that the Fords just assumed normal rules wouldn't apply to them.

Here's the original Star story: http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._cocaine_at_exclusive_club_witnesses_say.html

"Any interactions with me were of a purely social nature...Mayor Ford and I are not close and have never had an interaction outside a professional setting".

So basically, we interacted socially inside the club I own, but he never invited me to his house. Got it.

Rob Ford's camping team is really shaping up. Ben Johnson, Snow, Iola, and Mr. Canada. I don't think they're much of a match for the Iron Sheik though.

Hey, anyone hear anything about newly-hired Ford-For-Mayor Communications Director Jeff Silverstein lately? Googled him (once I finally came up with his name...through Google) and he hasn't had a mention for almost 2 weeks (after apparently being hired approximately the week before that).:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You are right that there is no direct verbiage to prohibit the call but the call does not conform to the suggested calls for "public service", and is not considered "municipally important".

Clearly you're underestimating the positive impact free hamburgers can have on the community! :)

I think in general you can tell what politicians really think about something by how a particular law applies to them. Robocalls are bad except when it comes to political ads. In the US, gun laws are bad except when it comes to carrying one in the capital. Socialized healthcare is bad except when it comes to members of congress. The list goes on and on. There's sauce for the goose and sauce for the gander.

Clearly you're underestimating the positive impact free hamburgers can have on the community! :)

I'm ashamed of myself for forgetting the draw of a good burger, or a free crappy one, please forgive me! :p

Last edited:
Hey, anyone hear anything about newly-hired Ford-For-Mayor Communications Director Jeff Silverstein lately? Googled him (once I finally came up with his name...through Google) and he hasn't had a mention for almost 2 weeks (after apparently being hired approximately the week before that).:rolleyes:

Silverstein is regularly at the Mayor's office.

jeffsilverstein.jpg

Attachments

• jeffsilverstein.jpg
    jeffsilverstein.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 887
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back