2.2K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 572     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't smile. Says 'folks' more than my stomach can handle. Also how he feels the need to repeat key words. I can't listen to him when he does press. Makes me feel sick.

This insanity about the boring equipment is unreal. RoFo seems to think this is simply a beat up K car that can be repainted and handed over to a younger sibling.
These machines have gone through incredible strain and I'm sure almost 24/7 operation for any number of years (too lazy to reference that).

From a safety standpoint alone, "refurbishing" such a massive unit probably violates all kinds of safety guidelines.

He really is a dangerous man.

This insanity about the boring equipment is unreal. RoFo seems to think this is simply a beat up K car that can be repainted and handed over to a younger sibling.
These machines have gone through incredible strain and I'm sure almost 24/7 operation for any number of years (too lazy to reference that).

From a safety standpoint alone, "refurbishing" such a massive unit probably violates all kinds of safety guidelines.

He really is a dangerous man.
My mother used to call that penny wise, pound foolish.
Rob just wants to grandstand, last week was toilets, the week before, pink umbrellas. Like anybody would take Rob's opinion over Andy Byford's. It's all Rob's got, so it's what he's going with.

"Senior City staff met with the Mayor's Office on Monday to review the policies that must be followed during the event. A letter was also provided along with a copy of the applicable policies."

And what did Ford do? He made FordFest robocalls linked to his campaign office and asked if he would receive "support", the very next day.

Why is his tax funded staff being included in this???? If it's a private event, that has nothing to do with politics/the campaign, why are they involved?? I am not comfortable with our tax dollars being used for this.

My mother used to call that penny wise, pound foolish.
Rob just wants to grandstand, last week was toilets, the week before, pink umbrellas. Like anybody would take Rob's opinion over Andy Byford's. It's all Rob's got, so it's what he's going with.

See though, they will take him at his word. The "working folk" will agree with these kinds of ill-conceived statements.

I have a couple friends with husbands who just drool at how much money he's gonna save us. And they were the guys who wouldn't ever buy a new anything because cheaper is always better.

My dad was like that. Always got the Radio Shack version of things and when they'd fall apart it was always cause we must have broken them.

I'm scared. Someone hold me.

Doomsday scenario

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/The-312/April-2011/The-Alan-Keyes-Constant/

It's interesting (and somewhat predictable) that Rob Ford is polling on or near the Alan Keyes constant (27%). However, Ford's future poll numbers have a hard ceiling on them due to a population that understands Ford is not only an extremely distasteful individual but an extremely ineffectual politician. Conversely, it's going to be nearly impossible for his numbers to dip below the Keyes constant. Once Ford's handlers accept this, they'll realize that the easiest way for him to win this election is for him to boost Stintz' and Soknacki's numbers at the expense of Chow and Tory. There's not a lot of upside in Ford spending much more time and money on his own campaign, when the biggest bang for the buck is getting his staff and volunteers to boost Stintz and Soknacki.

Last edited:
http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/The-312/April-2011/The-Alan-Keyes-Constant/

It's interesting (and somewhat predictable) that Rob Ford is polling on or near the Alan Keyes constant (27%). However, Ford's future poll numbers have a hard ceiling on them due to a population that understands Ford is not only an extremely distasteful individual but an extremely ineffectual politician. Conversely, it's going to be nearly impossible for his numbers to dip below the Keyes constant. Once Ford's handlers accept this, they'll realize that the easiest way for him to win this election is for him to boost Stintz' and Soknacki's numbers at the expense of Chow and Tory. There's not a lot of upside in Ford spending much more time and money on his own campaign, when the biggest bang for the buck is getting his staff and volunteers to boost Stintz and Soknacki.

And even if staff reads this and suggests it, he's so friggen stupid he will say "ew what?? No way I'm the best I'm the best!"

Why is his tax funded staff being included in this???? If it's a private event, that has nothing to do with politics/the campaign, why are they involved?? I am not comfortable with our tax dollars being used for this.

Because it's ostensibly a community event, like the kind many councillors' offices hold. When legit, these events are usually claimed as part of a councillor's office budget, but Ford never has. (At least, this is my understanding.)

FFS.

“To correct a certain media outlet, I was not on Toronto Waterfront. I was on Harbourfront,” he [Rob Ford] told reporters at a press conference.

But minutes from a December 7, 2010 city council meeting show that the mayor was named a member of the board on that date. And a letter dated December 8, 2010 from City Clerk Ulli Watkiss to Mr. Campbell, also confirms Mr. Ford’s appointment to the board. Mr. Ford did not attend any meetings while he was on the board.

I wonder if he's going to keep insisting that he was never a WT board member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back