News   Jul 18, 2024
 374     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 770     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 6m
Follow-up correction from City: Parks division "says it was described as a special event open to the public, which is allowed.

Are there not rules about employing family at the city? I recall a discussion earlier this year that Doug couldn't be rob's chief of staff even in a voluntary role as it was a violation of rules designed to prevent nepotism. So who is Mike Ford apprenticing with?

Last edited:
If they have paraphernalia regarding the election, maybe they will be denied a permit for subsequent fests.

This will be the last Ford Fest, as least outside of Kathy's basement. He doesn't have the money to continue holding big camping events without outside support. Notice the one in Vaughn wasn't rescheduled?

Are there not rules about employing family at the city? I recall a discussion earlier this year that Doug couldn't be rob's chief of staff even in a voluntary role as it was a violation of rules designed to prevent nepotism. So who is Mike Ford apprenticing with?

"Volunteer" with no official title?

I am just so sick and tired of the Fords playing us for suckers. I'll try calling my councillor's office, but unfortunately I have Moeser, so not much help there. The Ford family motto should be "Better to ask forgiveness than permission". I can't stand people like them.

The Ford family motto could also be "rules are for the obedience of fools".

(They would just skip the part related to the guidance of wise men).

The FOI from 2013 reads:

Finally, any suggestion that Mr. Ford was acting as a private citizen and not as mayor when planning or preparing for Ford Fest is, frankly nonsensical. Mr. Ford promoted the event on his Facebook page, "Toronto Mayor Rob Ford,†and under his Twitter handle, “TOMayorFord.â€

So, if they once again publicize the "family picnic" on either of these two sites then that would be using City resources which is in violation of City of Toronto Policy on Use of City Resources during an Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back