4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 663     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
National Public Research just called to do a survey which sounds like a Ford survey. Questions asked:

- most important election issue: congestion, transport, taxes, integrity and a couple of others
- who did I support last election
- do I think rub is doing a good job
- who is my first & second choice for mayor
- do I think rub was sincere in his apology after rehab
- does he deserve second chance

Wish they had a "when pigs fly" option lol

Doug has made a spectacular mess of Build Toronto. Needs a new toy.

Speaking of Build Toronto and D Ford...Did you see him yesterday making noise on CP24 (the campaign mgr debate)...He mentioned how Etobicokians are concerned about an LRT down the middle of Eg...He might of thought a little before recommending the Richview ROW surplus for disposition by Build Toronto to private interests...sure does remove options for rapid transit improvement in Etobicoke and on to the airport doesn't it at a minimum of inconvenience to commuters etal doesn't it?

National Public Research just called to do a survey which sounds like a Ford survey. Questions asked:

- most important election issue: congestion, transport, taxes, integrity and a couple of others
- who did I support last election
- do I think rub is doing a good job
- who is my first & second choice for mayor
- do I think rub was sincere in his apology after rehab
- does he deserve second chance

Wish they had a "when pigs fly" option lol
I got the same one last night. Like you, I was waiting to give Rob a much lower score than they offered, I would have liked " he is pond scum" as an option, but that wasn't listed.

CP24 is showing the clip of Ford using the seven year old girl for his campaign purposes. Hopefully enough people see it and are disgusted.

Last edited:
CP24 is showing the clip of Ford using the seven year old girl for his campaign purposes. Hopefully enough people see it and are disgusted.

I'm starting to think we are the only ones who give a shit. Could be the white wine I'm drowning my toronto sorrows in tho

Last edited:
Last edited:
Paramedics can now get you into a Level 1 trauma centre ( including pediatric ) within 30 minutes.

We now have MADD and RIDE with much tougher penalties. We now have mandatory seat-belt laws.

We now have laminated and tempered glass, crumple zones, air bags, side impact protection beams, collapsible steering columns and padded dashboards. As well as improved fuel system integrity and fire retardant materials.

We no longer refer to cars as barbecues that seat four. Car fires, on the front and rear passenger sides of the firewalls, are much less common now.

Convertibles are pretty rare now. Many now seem to have roll-over bars.

Of course, there will always be a need for a little Driver Ed 101:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDilD3wAxt8

"Don't tailgate! Don't you ever tailgate! Do you know how much space is needed to stop a car traveling at 35 miles per hour? Six car lengths! Six fuckin' car lengths! That's a hundred and six fuckin' feet, mister! If I had to stop suddenly, you woulda hit me! I want you to get a fuckin' driver's manual, and I want you to study that motherfucker! And I want you to obey the goddamn rules of the road! Fifty-fuckin' thousand people were killed on the highways last year 'cause of fuckin' assholes like you! Tell me you're gonna get a manual!"

We do indeed have much safer cars and better emergency care. And yet there's still a lot of plainly terrible driving out there, because driver training is still about 'teaching to the test', and the test is not all that demanding.

Thanks for posting the tailgate rant from Lost Highway - I'd forgotten about that. It's probably what my response to bad drivers would be if I hadn't become so blasé about them at some point.

Ford double-plus disgusts today.

Phantom Of The Rotunda.jpg

Attachments

• Phantom Of The Rotunda.jpg
    Phantom Of The Rotunda.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 771
Anyone know the exact time when the toe story hit the news? Because it was 8:30 am when i tweeted that I saw him at TW. Was the toe story a response to being seen at the hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back