News   Jul 17, 2024
 819     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 543     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackie Crandles @jcrandles_cp24 · 30m

Ford drove himself to Danzig. No sign of driver Jerry. Amin says 'is he not allowed a day off?" No sign of sobriety coach either.

That's cause he's camping at a TCHC building in Scarborough. Not surprising that the day after he proclaimed himself 'king of helping people at Toronto Community Housing', he's there handing out magnets.

Mayor Crime Lord ‏@TOMayorFrod 35m
In #Scarborough today speaking with TCHC residents about concerns with their lack of fridge magnets.

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 53m
In #Scarborough today speaking with TCHC residents about concerns with their building

Toronto Life's The Informer, has a short article on King Ford, at this link.

Rob Ford literally calls himself a king

tl_ford_now-what-feat.png

Rob Ford
made his first post-rehab debate appearance on Tuesday night at an event hosted by the Canadian Tamil Congress, and he didn’t disappoint. Under withering criticism from the other four major mayoral candidates, the mayor at one point referred to himself, literally, as a king. After Olivia Chow had finished responding to a question about funding for social housing (she pointed out, correctly, that today’s massive funding shortfalls are in many ways a direct consequence of provincial budget cuts implemented by the Mike Harris government in the nineties), Ford responded with equal parts arrogance, indignation and third-person sentence structure. “Well folks, talk to the people at Toronto Community Housing, and they will tell you that Rob Ford visits them every single week,” he said, referring to his practice of touring TCHC properties, often with media in tow. “People know, I am the king of helping people at Toronto Community Housing.” A healthy fear of the guillotine prevents most elected officials from referring to themselves in this way. Meanwhile, Toronto’s social-housing repair backlog stands at about $860 million.

rob_ford_2.jpg

nein.jpg
Probably, but what if Doug and the campaign team do have something planned? They may act like they're confident of victory, but they must be worried on some level. What if they're working on something to discredit one of their opponents?

/paranoia

Attachments

• nein.jpg
    nein.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 785
By: Alex Consiglio and Lesley Ciarula Taylor Staff Reporter, Toronto Star Fri Jan 04 2013 excerpt:

"Chow announced Friday she is recovering from a virus that partially paralyzed her face, stressing it will not impede her work once the House of Commons resumes Jan. 28.

“I don’t need my facial expression to do my work,†said Chow, 55, at her Toronto constituency office. “You just need to get used to my face.â€

Chow, her lower lip sagging and her speech slurred, said because she caught the virus early, over the holidays, she was able to beat it within seven days.

Her doctor prescribed a week’s worth of steroids and antiviral meds, and the virus vanished, but not before leaving its mark, she said.
Other than not being able to smile, or put her left contact lens in, Chow said the paralysis has no other side effects on her and she’s in no pain.

Chow’s current condition, on the left side of her face, is similar to Bell’s Palsy, which afflicted former prime minister Jean Chrétien."

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/01/04/olivia_chow_suffers_facial_paralysis.html

But that's missing a part of the story, Kelly Girl, the part where John Tory was instrumental in the Chretien attack ads that emphasized his facial paralysis and helped deliver defeat to Kim Campbell.

I think it's a little silly to make a fuss about Jerry being at City Hall today but not driving Ford to Scarborough. For all we know, maybe Jerry had a family emergency to attend to. Or maybe he was getting a fresh batch of crack for Ford. Who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back