682     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 604     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 745     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least one thing has changed in RoFo's daily habit...... this is the second day in a row he has been seen in public before 10am. Must be a habit he picked up in Muskoka. Wonder how long he can keep it up. When he starts rolling into CH at his usual time, that will be a pretty good sign he's using/drinking again.
I wonder when he'll go back to touring TCH buildings. Or maybe that's not his scene anymore now that he's "sober".

Someone tweeted that possibility to Don Peat.

Can someone elaborate on Doug Ford's comment about no longer having faith in City Hall security? I saw a tweet from Peat but there was no context or background.

Would having private security even be allowed at CH? It ties in with the pics posted by the private security guy...

I'm pretty sure that something like that would have to be approved by council (don't quote me on that though).

Well at least one thing has changed in RoFo's daily habit...... this is the second day in a row he has been seen in public before 10am. Must be a habit he picked up in Muskoka. Wonder how long he can keep it up. When he starts rolling into CH at his usual time, that will be a pretty good sign he's using/drinking again.
But he didn't learn punctuality. Over half hour late for cricket thing, 20 minutes late for Summerlicious thing. Late for his interviews yesterday. Late for start of Exec Committee, I think.

spot on.

yes, i should clarify that i don't mean 'relapse' in the medical sense, but 'another public screw-up.'

as someone else already said, maybe the best thing for him would be to get filmed drunk at steak queen tonight. then he'd have a rock-solid excuse to leave the campaign, leave public life indefinitely, and really get help.

You are working with the assumption that he wants help, or to get better. I really don't think he does. I think the only thing he wants is to be Mayor of Toronto. Even if he does it incredibly poorly, it's the closest thing to an accomplishment the guy's got.

You want to see a RoFo bender? Watch for it after he loses the election. I don't like to do "death pools", but I think when he loses his job as mayor, he's going to go on a serious, possibly life threatening, downward spiral.

I know "red apple" is a slang term for First Nations people perceived as acting "white" (along the same lines as the use of "banana", "coconut", etc., as slurs), but I don't think that's how Doug meant it; after all, his point seems to have been that "racism" isn't about "race". It came across to me as more a random word salad than anything else, similar to that time when he referred to young black men with "their hats on and their little funny signs". It certainly sounds racist and is also oddly specific, but I at least am unaware of any stereotype about black people (young men or otherwise) carrying little funny signs.

Gang signs, the ones people make with their fingers / hands, like these:

GangSigns.png

I guess he's planning to run away after every announcement he makes today...

reporterdonpeat 10:35am via iOS
Mayor Rob Ford now at the CIMA Cricket Across the Pond announcement at City Hall.

Something I always remember when people described Ford as how shy and introvert he was around people. Sarah Thomson said that during the campaign and why she was surprised how aggressive he was when he harassed her. Former campaign manager Adrienne Batra said the same thing. Mike Stafford said something similar that when he fills in for Oakley, and Ford would come in to do his normal informercial. When he noticed his comfort level Oakley not there but Stafford (who is will also just give pandering questions) but that slight difference Stafford has told a story that Ford gets easily shaken.

So how is this guy, who couldn't even give eye contact with women all of a sudden has all the self confidence to be the cities biggest party animal. The guy seems to hate to be around people unless he's on something. But then again it's impossible to get into the Ford's mind.

So CH security are tough on signs. But knocking people over. Well they'll look the other way.

Why does he keep getting invited to things! It's not classless to boo him. It's our duty not just for Ford but for the despicable groups and organizations that still support him and want him represented there.

Maybe McRobb is finally ready to do her own interview and has requested a sizable amount of hush money from the Fords?

Boy, oh boy, would that be a hilarious turn of events!

At this point I think the best outcome would be for another drunken stupor video soon, so that he and Doug can finally bury the campaign and let Rob focus on his problems.

If the campaign does implode, or (as is more likely) he simply doesn't get re-elected, does anyone honestly think he's going to be interested in trying to improve his health/mental well being, or that his family will actually give a damn whether he recovers or not? I don't. Maybe I'm just an old meanie, but I really don't see it happening.

Any idea what the penalty for RoFo would likely be?

If the recent past is anything to go by, a stern finger-wagging? With perhaps - if the Intergrity Commissioner is in a truly harsh mood - an unamused frown, followed by a lecture imploring Ford not to be so naughty in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back