News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 503     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tin-foil hat time...

TPS would be silly not to monitor this thread for what tangible tidbits it does yield.
They were likely just as curious as to the source of that note as JT was, considering the circumstances.
TPS contact JT regarding the note, since it appears to be an attempt to intimidate him.
TPS (voluntarily) suggests for him to remove references to it, as it's source is something they want to pursue.

extra tin-foil: They are aware of an active threat to him, based on the juice he has been spilling.

asset.php.jpg

Attachments

• asset.php.jpg
    asset.php.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 882
My theory (pure speculation) re Jimmi T's disappearance:

1) He reported the note to security
2) Security reported the note to the police
3) The police and/or security, taking the note seriously as a threat, told him to delete his posts & stop participating here

I got the feeling that JimmiT was getting inside info through rumours at his place of employment. A big no no.

He gets the note on his computer.
Asks for security to review the tapes.
Security finds someone on the tape.
Security starts asking questions about what's going on.
JimmiT is exposed as posting inside info.
JimmiT is told that he will delete all content and stop all posting, or risk losing his job.

No more JimmiT

But I think that if he was getting information improperly through his employment he wouldn't have risked discussing the issue with security.

Not being tech-savvy, anyone care to look around this thread to see if posts where others quoted JT's posts have also been deleted?

It would take a hacker* for one member to delete posts made by another member. I do not think that has occurred - but admittedly this is based on a one-shot search, which produced the following example of a euler post quoting a Jimmi T post in May:

Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 12.53.55 PM.jpg

*or an admin

ETA: SecretSquirrel confirms that there are lots of examples.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 12.53.55 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 12.53.55 PM.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:
Why?

For all of the combined expertise on this thread, I am still waiting for someone to fill me in on why the police would bring tinfoil to a raid (in this case Project Traveler).*

*I assume that the tinfoil pictured in the photo above was not seized, since it obviously was not being handled in the manner used for evidence (e.g., bagged in order to preserve fingerprints).

Last edited:
Oh boy. Pedro Marques @MetroManTO has 2,760 followers - and the Twitter accounts of those followers could all be using noms de twitter.

I spent 5 minutes then gave up. Lol.
Besides no one gets this thorough and then leaves the twitter untouched. I'm sure that's gone too lol

For all of the combined expertise on this thread, I am still waiting for someone to fill me in on why the police would bring tinfoil to a raid.

Assume it's for evidence collection - maybe policy is to wrap cell phones in foil to stop a remote wipe, or to preserve certain evidence where a plastic bag wouldn't work (i.e. to stop fingerprints from smudging?).

Assume it's for evidence collection - maybe policy is to wrap cell phones in foil to stop a remote wipe, or to preserve certain evidence where a plastic bag wouldn't work (i.e. to stop fingerprints from smudging?).

"... smartphones now contain more evidence than ever before — and it’s become easier for suspects to wipe the phone from afar in the time it takes to get a warrant.

The legal question is going to the [U.S.] Supreme Court. But, in the meantime, a law professor is proposing a simple, low-tech solution: when making an arrest, cops should stick the cellphones in a Faraday Bag or simply wrap the phone in aluminum foil. Doing so would give the police time to ask for a warrant to search the phone, and also prevent the suspect from wiping its contents in the meantime."

https://gigaom.com/2013/08/28/how-t...ell-phone-searches-while-preserving-evidence/

~~~

Edited to add -- I don't know whether this is what TPS does; I guess that I read that posting from an American source in 2013 and drew the conclusion that it must happen here. Maybe someone who knows firsthand can chime in.

Edited to add, v. 2 -- I suppose this lends a hilarious new meaning to the olde expression "curses, foiled again".

Last edited:
"... smartphones now contain more evidence than ever before — and it’s become easier for suspects to wipe the phone from afar in the time it takes to get a warrant.

The legal question is going to the [U.S.] Supreme Court. But, in the meantime, a law professor is proposing a simple, low-tech solution: when making an arrest, cops should stick the cellphones in a Faraday Bag or simply wrap the phone in aluminum foil. Doing so would give the police time to ask for a warrant to search the phone, and also prevent the suspect from wiping its contents in the meantime."

https://gigaom.com/2013/08/28/how-t...ell-phone-searches-while-preserving-evidence/

~~~

Edited to add -- I don't know whether this is what TPS does; I guess that I read that posting from an American source in 2013 and drew the conclusion that it must happen here. Maybe someone who knows firsthand can chime in.

Edited to add, v. 2 -- I suppose this lends a hilarious new meaning to the olde expression "curses, foiled again".

In all of my years, I have never seen the TPS do this.

There are plenty of instances where this is not the case. Here is one where you quoted Jimmi T

Interesting. Hope none of this has to do with Jaclyn Dawe (the subject of discussion at the time - nah, that can't be right).

Also hopeful that JimmiT is fine and when this mess (Rob Ford) is over with we'll find out what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back