41     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 698     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 608     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six pages of genealogy on Ford's ancestors are okay but it's way off topic and irrelevant when there are two comments about him going out on his birthday to a Tap and Grill, possibly with two unrecognizable women, one who Goldsbie tweets is possibly Leanne aka the drunk driver who got his SUV impounded, while in rehab, after cancelling a Skype session which is too much for him due to doctor's orders...

Isn't that what this thread is about? Discussing everything Ford? It's not like there's a new crack video to discuss, so we discuss whatever's happening at the time. I just don't think I'll ever "get" the internet. lol

Six pages of genealogy on Ford's ancestors are okay but it's way off topic and irrelevant when there are two comments about him going out on his birthday to a Tap and Grill, possibly with two unrecognizable women, one who Goldsbie tweets is possibly Leanne aka the drunk driver who got his SUV impounded, while in rehab, after cancelling a Skype session which is too much for him due to doctor's orders...

Isn't that what this thread is about? Discussing everything Ford? It's not like there's a new crack video to discuss, so we discuss whatever's happening at the time. I just don't think I'll ever "get" the internet. lol

For me the concern is more related to his bringing his children out with McRobb. This is all conjecture since we don't know if it was McRobb, but if it was, this is the optics: woman gets arrested for driving his escalade drunk, claims she left her watch in his room, fuelling affair rumours. There's been no official statement about his separation with Renata, and even if there had been, it's only been a month since he "went away". So now it looks like he's exposing his two children to his drunk driving mistress. If it was McRobb and Renata seriously wasn't there, then yeah, it's disgusting and to me reiterates the whole not taking any of it seriously (because even though I don't know much about rehab and addiction, I do know that they advise you not to get into relationships, especially with people who have substance issues which McRobb obviously has). But even if they aren't having an affair, if he's introducing the woman who was just arrested driving his escalade drunk, whether or not they have an intimate relationship, it looks off.

If however he was there with Renata and a Greenestone councillor, then yeah, it's a complete non-story. We will probably not know which though and as the pp just pointed out, this thread is ripe with speculation, I don't see why this should be different.

As my friend was driving us towards the end of Edenbridge towards Scarlett, I noticed how smooth the road was, and commented, "not a pothole in sight!" The Escalade was in the driveway that day.

Your pot hole comment isn't fair. I've been riding a road bike regularly through Etobicoke and particularly Edenbridge Dr for the last few years. The hills around there was one of the few areas cyclists can do hill training close to downtown. The area in front of Ford's house was under construction for the better part of last year and there are plenty of other streets nearby with awful pot holes.

we've got different people saying he was with two women, one woman or his family. I just don't anything nefarious/sketchy about him being in a restaurant that has a bar when it's a place that has a kids-eat-free night. As to who he was with, hell, speculate away.

I'm quite sure that once he returns to the campaign and media attention he will fall off the wagon quite spectacularly unless they get him a sober coach/shadower.

Exactly. Even Swiss Chalet, with an activity placemat and crayons for the kiddies, has a bar. With bar stools and everything. I get *bar* is a lot more economical on twitter than *restaurant*, (and a lot more loaded connotation wise), but seriously dinner out with the kids is not the scandal you (collective) are looking for.

Agreed. In my mind if kids are allowed and food is served it's a "restaurant" and not a "bar" - even if the establishment is licensed.

For me the concern is more related to his bringing his children out with McRobb. This is all conjecture since we don't know if it was McRobb, but if it was, this is the optics: woman gets arrested for driving his escalade drunk, claims she left her watch in his room, fuelling affair rumours. There's been no official statement about his separation with Renata, and even if there had been, it's only been a month since he "went away". So now it looks like he's exposing his two children to his drunk driving mistress. If it was McRobb and Renata seriously wasn't there, then yeah, it's disgusting and to me reiterates the whole not taking any of it seriously (because even though I don't know much about rehab and addiction, I do know that they advise you not to get into relationships, especially with people who have substance issues which McRobb obviously has). But even if they aren't having an affair, if he's introducing the woman who was just arrested driving his escalade drunk, whether or not they have an intimate relationship, it looks off.

If however he was there with Renata and a Greenestone councillor, then yeah, it's a complete non-story. We will probably not know which though and as the pp just pointed out, this thread is ripe with speculation, I don't see why this should be different.

According to the Sun story McRobb has at least one child whom she shares custody of. If she was there with RoFo any reason it couldn't be her kid(s?) as well?

According to the Sun story McRobb has at least one child whom she shares custody of. If she was there with RoFo any reason it couldn't be her kid(s?) as well?

I'm not sure that wouldn't make it worse. If it was her kid and not his own (or and his own) that makes it appear to be a more serious relationship, no?

I'm not sure that wouldn't make it worse. If it was her kid and not his own (or and his own) that makes it appear to be a more serious relationship, no?

I agree with you. Just pointing out that we don't know for sure it was his kids with him so some of the speculation may be off base.

Agreed - can we please get back to the serious conversation? I want to see Rob Ford's long form birth certificate - I don't know he got to be mayor of Toronto when he was actually born in Kenora.

Serious conversation??? The better part of the last 3 days on this thread has been about Doug Ford Sr's wikipedia page and whether or not he tried to swim across Lake Ontario 50 years ago.

Serious conversation??? The better part of the last 3 days on this thread has been about Doug Ford Sr's wikipedia page and whether or not he tried to swim across Lake Ontario 50 years ago.
Don't forget the Escalade discussion and who it was that was going to pick it up. I miss the old days of knowing where his car was at all times :( I wonder where it is right now... I hope she's being treated well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back