833     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 622     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think Ford is sticking it to us by being seen out and about? Maybe not, may just be needing his fix for attention, but still feels like he's saying "no matter what I've done, you can't put me down".

VTB - has it been made clear whether his car was near any particularly important vicinity? I've exhausted some online media freebies.

From the Globe article: "The area is just a couple-hundred metres from GreeneStone clinic, the rehab facility where the mayor is seeking treatment."

Hence the speculation of McRobb sleepovers.

VTB - has it been made clear whether his car was near any particularly important vicinity? I've exhausted some online media freebies.

Yes, here it is:

"Mr. MacIver said that the area is about a kilometre north from the main gate of the rehab facility, but only a few hundred metres from the grounds if you walk through the woods. GreeneStone confirmed in a statement Friday that Mayor Ford is undergoing treatment at their facility."

So, in other words, the perfect drop off point.

I can post the entire G&M article if you like.

Is there room for plank guy in the collage? Getting kinda crowded, might have to cut the bubble girl to make room.

I guess the name is going to stick, but it sort of seems more like a piece of trim or moulding than a basic plank.

I feel like he ought to be familiar from somewhere. Maybe it's the teeth.

Greenestone's way of dealing with the privileged is to give lots of privileges. Hey I wouldn't mind a stint in that rehab - although please don't take that as a joke about the seriousness of addiction. Ford just doesn't seem to be paying any dues or facing any penalties, life is jolly, I'm on vacay, just can't get high.

Oh it's no joke: you're absolutely right. Some private rehabs I've seen put some resorts I've stayed at to shame.

Yes, here it is:

"Mr. MacIver said that the area is about a kilometre north from the main gate of the rehab facility, but only a few hundred metres from the grounds if you walk through the woods. GreeneStone confirmed in a statement Friday that Mayor Ford is undergoing treatment at their facility."

So, in other words, the perfect drop off point.

I can post the entire G&M article if you like.

TY.

It's ok re posting the entire article, I'm sure it will show up eventually somewhere I haven't exhausted.

Sounds like an affair, a little overnight party, with or without drugs/alcohol, for sure.

Also (sorry for lack of ref), the intel a bit back where the Greenestone graduate didn't want to discuss Rob's connection with McRobb, which means it's something more than just nothing much or it wouldn't have been avoided.

And his 2014 campaign kick-off with the balloon fail.

Also, the used fire truck. Antique fire trucks are beautiful and very effective PR tools. But, that used truck was just a worn-out piece of junk. If he had the TPFFA on side, they would have leant him one. The last mayor they supported was David Miller in 2003:

"His earliest supporters included councillors Howard Moscoe, Sandra Bussin, Irene Jones and Anne Johnston and urban planner Jane Jacobs. He was later endorsed by councillors Olivia Chow, Joe Pantalone and Brian Ashton, public figures such as June Callwood, Judy Rebick, Margaret Atwood, Michael Ondaatje and Michele Landsberg, American environmental activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the Canadian Union of Public Employees and the Toronto Professional Fire Fighters Association."

Who showed up to support Rob? George Chuvalo and who else?

And of course, keep in mind what Chuvalo has (besides familial friendship) in common w/the Fords: a familial disaster zone. (Which *is* genuinely tragic in his case. But still; it's as if Ford's a draw for "similar cases" who view "I'm not perfect, are you?" as a shared feel-good statement...)

While granting that anyone could've created the profile. You might be suggesting a form of witness protection, or that TPS is covering up foul play.
If witness protection, something that will come up during Lisi's trial, or be rendered meaningless if no Ford charges are forthcoming. But it sounds like an extraordinary effort, which the trafficking and extortion charges should not require. And if friends and family were in the dark about the police gesture, they'd still comment on it.

Last edited:
This. With a shout out to SFO re a successful rehab being the end of Rob's political career.

But the thing is: from all appearances, Rob Ford has no Plan B, careerwise. I can't picture him sitting on boards or doing similar stuff "ex-politicians" do. Indeed, if it weren't for the family parachute, I can see him reduced to being a tow truck driver, a taxi driver, a messenger, etc. (And certainly not a football coach.)

Back to Dawe for a second. This Facebook profile that suddenly appeared in November after the Star started asking cops questions. You see the profile pic of her supposedly in Asia. There's not one comment on it. If you were missing for almost a year and then suddenly appeared on Facebook to show you're alive and well in Asia wouldn't there be tons of comments from friends and family saying glad you're ok on that profile pic? I suspect cops created this profile for some reason!

This is what I've been saying for months. It's good to know my tinfoil hat isn't too tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back