637     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 628     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 487     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poll evidence 2 months prior to the election doesn't hold water. Did you guys actually pay attention to the election?
Reality check:
An ultra-rightwing Mayor, even by conservatives standards, won a landslide victory in a generally centrist/left city. If that's not a subtle enough message, then perhaps you guys can urge him to run again.

Nope, one of those polls was conducted in mid-October, actually. I think it was conducted by CFRB or Newstalk 1010? (both conservative bias, no?)

Poll evidence 2 months prior to the election doesn't hold water. Did you guys actually pay attention to the election?
Reality check:
An ultra-rightwing Mayor, even by conservatives standards, won a landslide victory in a generally centrist/left city. If that's not a subtle enough message, then perhaps you guys can urge him to run again.

You do realize that Ford would not have run if Miller had of, right? Ford won because he controlled the discourse.
I would even doubt that Smitherman would have run if Miller didn't pull out. We would have seen a redux of the 2006 election and 4 more years of Miller, easily.

Last edited:
Were the pollsters who said Miller would win again had he run the same guys who predicted a dead heat the day before the election? We all know how that turned out.

Speculation of this type is all kinds of ridiculous, but also ridiculous is believing that a populist making cut-taxes-keep-programs promises winning a plurality of the vote means that Toronto as a whole has embraced conservative politics whole heartedly.

You do realize that Ford would not have run if Miller had of, right? Ford won because he controlled the discourse.
I would even doubt that Smitherman would have run if Miller didn't pull out. We would have seen a redux of the 2006 election and 4 more years of Miller, easily.

Wait a minute, no Ford, no Smitherman, Pantolone would not run against his boss, that would leave Rossi and Thomson..Gee you dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by js97
The Gravy Train is stoping nonetheless!

whohooo!!! lol.

With those two lines, js97 has proven his education skills.

Don't you mean his learning skills?

Lol just about sums up a large part of the groundswell of misguided resentment that changed Toronto's political picture. As history has shown time and time again, in politics it's: lol now - pay double later.

I'd like to see how Ford is going to address the Library budget. The libraries have been cut back many times over the years. Many branches rarely open. Many books are beyond expiration.

I'd like to see how Ford is going to address the Library budget. The libraries have been cut back many times over the years. Many branches rarely open. Many books are beyond expiration.
With the $billions he'll save from not watering plants or buying staplers for councillors, I'm sure there's plenty of room to give the library the inlationary increase they've asked for.

If there wasn't, he would have no moral basis for his proposal to eliminate tax revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back