45     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 699     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 610     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. When did Doug renovate the "gravy train" into a magic freight train that can transport all the autistic kids out of the city?

goldsbie 4:56pm via Web
Doug Ford: "My heart goes out to kids with autism. But no one told me they’d be leaving the house."

Last edited:
Wow. When did Doug renovate the "gravy train" into a magic freight train that can transport all the autistic kids out of the city?

goldsbie 4:56pm via Web
Doug Ford: "My heart goes out to kids with autism. But no one told me they’d be leaving the house."
Yes, it's wonderful to support kids with autism ... so long as no one ever has to see or hear from them.

I cannot express the anger that I feel about this.

While I'm waiting for the Globe to bring the Traveler story back, I'll share a barely relevant story: one of the Windsor charged was a model and an organizer of Windsor's Emancipation Proclamation Celebration. I'm looking at her Facebook friends, and there was a driver for GFL, posting pics of himself and his wife encountering Rob in the mall. Less like detective work, and more like stumbling around.

I was just coming to write pretty much exactly this. I am so disgusted with all of them, Doug Ford the most 'I didn't know that kids with autism would be allowed to leave the house' (paraphrasing). F him. Those kids deserve better than those idiots for neighbours.

the late mr flaherty would not have approved. having said that, he was also the one who wanted to force the homeless off the street. that was 2002, not 1932. i never forgot him for those views, just as i shall never forget douglas jr for his, as so crudely expressed today. every time he opens his mouth -- especially in his brother's absence -- stupid comes out.

the clash had it right: give 'em enough rope.

Last edited:
Yes, it's wonderful to support kids with autism ... so long as no one ever has to see or hear from them.

I cannot express the anger that I feel about this.

I guess that saying 'give 'em enough rope' really rings true, and we are now fortified with another incriminating thing in the forthcoming election, along with that drug-dealer thingy. Both Fords are really toast.

I thought this was Toronto, but I guess it does really need to be said.

cathalkelly 5:23pm via Web
When you buy a house, you get a house. It doesn't come with a veto allowing you to ban people from moving into your neighbourhood.

The problem is that Doug thinks like his constituents do. If you want to change our politicians, that's easy enough, but first you need to change the voters. Why are they so against this, enough to speak out? I don't agree with them of course, but "because they're idiots" isn't a good answer.

Yeah, too bad it wasn't a rehab. One can only feel for those in Muskoka having to deal with that train wreck.

euler:

Simple - perceived risk to the "desirability of the neighbourhood", i.e. property values. They are idiots.

AoD

Last edited:
the late mr flaherty would not have approved. having said that, he was also the one who wanted to force the homeless off the street.

"Under Flaherty's plan, Special Constables would be hired and trained and given powers to identify people who are a danger to themselves or the community and provide them with alternatives to living and sleeping on the street, such as going to a shelter, a hospital, or a crisis intervention centre. Remaining on the street will not be an option. In some cases, the police may determine that the individual is engaged in unlawful conduct (e.g. defacing property) and take them to jail."

Who would transport the individuals that were not going to jail? Under whose authority? What if they refused to go?

Can some of you media types please ask this (or a suitable variation)?:

Councillor Ford, does a crack user that has TWENTY FOUR emergency calls to his residence count as mental? Do you disagree that it ruins a neighbourhood?

The guy is truly the biggest piece of shit (MoFo a close second) in the whole saga. I think he would lie about a washed-out bridge up ahead to a trainload of orphans if he could.

Nothing would be more fitting than hearing that he was put in general population (and treated accordingly) once he's eventually sentenced along with his mentally disturbed brother (and hopefully Tavener -if he's as responsible as it seems for allowing them to carry on).

As it appears from Twitter that many have been doing, I just donated to Griffin Centre. I hope every little bit will help to keep those kids in their home. It's been a long time since I've been quite this livid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back