667     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 359     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 463     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Ford likes to say that his brother is like a rock star. The more I think about it, the more I agree with him. He's like The Rolling Stones. Not in terms of greatness or popularity or drug intake but in the way that they both get away with things. What I mean is, The Stones are notorious for being rather sloppy in concert. They make mistakes in their performances. Bum notes here and there, for example. But they get a free pass. Any other band would be criticized for being lousy live but The Stones get away with it. Just like Rob Ford. He's sloppy, he makes mistakes, etc... and he gets away with it. A different politician would have left office a long time ago. But not Rob. The Rolling Fords, ladies and gentlemen.

Or just "rock" in general: the embrace of sloppiness as authenticity, while technical mastery is deemed sterile.

And I've long regarded the Ford/Palin school of politics to be one of "feedback and distortion". Yes, those words.

He gets away with this is because white color crimes is not taken serious in this nation. Look at our history, it took the FBI to bust Alan Eagleson & Conrad Black for their shady dealings. While north of the border never picked up on it until their American counterparts investigated. Can't wait to get the "fishing buddy" out of Ottawa and maybe we can have a good look how Deco labels make a profit with guys who can't seem to be able to co-ordinate a two person parade.

And remember: the first political campaign the Fords worked on was Alan Eagleson's.

Is he driving Norm around?

From what I understand, Jerry lives somewhere in the west GTA, and I guess Norm lives in Scarborough? So, I would doubt that Jerry drives there to drive Norm to work.

I don't think Norm gets out of the office as much as Rob used to, so Jerry might not have a lot of driving to do. ( just a guess :confused: )

Reopen Ford probe, lawyer urges
http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/t...-lawyer-urges/article18632278/?service=mobile

"Rob Ford and his brother Councillor Doug Ford’s role in helping a client of their family firm gain access to top city executives has renewed calls for Toronto’s integrity commissioner to take action amid new revelations that her office has suspended its investigations of the mayor while he is on leave."

Last edited:
From what I understand, Jerry lives somewhere in the west GTA, and I guess Norm lives in Scarborough? So, I would doubt that Jerry drives there to drive Norm to work.

I don't think Norm gets out of the office as much as Rob used to, so Jerry might not have a lot of driving to do. ( just a guess :confused: )

Reopen Ford probe, lawyer urges
http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/t...-lawyer-urges/article18632278/?service=mobile

"Rob Ford and his brother Councillor Doug Ford’s role in helping a client of their family firm gain access to top city executives has renewed calls for Toronto’s integrity commissioner to take action amid new revelations that her office has suspended its investigations of the mayor while he is on leave."

I'm pretty sure Kelly doesn't need to be driven to apartment buildings or forested areas like Rob did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back