80     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 705     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 611     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be an out-patient facility. But I think those were for people who've already completed a long in-patient stint.

Or the inverse. I've sent people to places like Bridgeway when they were contemplative, but not ready for the real thing yet. It plants the seed. Starts to cut the high with a bit of self-awareness (since many-- not all, but many -- people I've seen in day programs/outpatient are still using).

This is starting to remind me of Search for Animal Chin. Any skateboarders from the 80s here remember this one?

Haha. Yes. Cheesy storyline but the finale was great! I much preferred "Future Primitive". The Search for Animal Chin was all about looking for the truth in yourself, having a positive mental outlook, keeping an open mind and always to keep searching for new experiences. A moral tale whose benefits would be completely lost on Rob Ford.

While we all know that there is no universe where Ford is actually in rehab, I think that it's worth mentioning that there are other rehab places aside from Homewood and they may have different policies - focusing solely on what one facility does is a mistake, because he could just say "well I wasn't at that facility".

I mean, he's obviously not in rehab, but we are making an assumption that if he was in rehab, he'd be at Homewood.

Someone replied to this tweet with the question "Did Warmington try doing a *69?". Given the mutual affection between the two, and Joe's contortions with the truth, I had to pause a moment before I realized they were talking about the callback feature on the phone.

^ LMAO I thought the same thing!

“I asked for my calls sheets and I am making calls to constituents,”

I believe it was reported he is still on salary.

Last edited:
While we all know that there is no universe where Ford is actually in rehab, I think that it's worth mentioning that there are other rehab places aside from Homewood and they may have different policies - focusing solely on what one facility does is a mistake, because he could just say "well I wasn't at that facility".

I mean, he's obviously not in rehab, but we are making an assumption that if he was in rehab, he'd be at Homewood.

Well, if he's answering his calls we can pretty much rule out Homewood or any reputable/actual rehab program.

BnBz8jqCMAATe34.jpg

Ford's version of rehab

Attachments

• BnBz8jqCMAATe34.jpg
    BnBz8jqCMAATe34.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 885
If there's anyonw who shouldn't have a cell in rehab it's Rob given his family is his biggest enabler!

What Not to Bring to an Inpatient Rehab Center
As a general rule, most drug rehab centers do not allow electronic devices, including cell phones, CD and MP3 players and video games. Cell phones will connect you with the outside world, and this could include contact with those who may be enabling your addiction. Other electronic devices can be a distraction and may be an unhealthy way to spend your time. Your days in rehab will be built around learning to spend your time in ways that help you heal from your addiction and promote spiritual and emotional growth. Outside food items are also not allowed in inpatient rehab centers because it is an easy way to disguise drugs and alcohol. You will be provided with a nutritious diet that will help you detox from the addictive substances and promote a healthy lifestyle.
http://residential-drug-rehab-help.com/can-i-use-my-phone-during-inpatient-rehab/

When you go to rehab, you are there to get better not to have distractions derail your recovery. Your life has become unmanageable and you cannot function in many ways due to your addiction. For security reasons, many rehabs ask that you leave any valueables (like laptops and cell phones) at home and if you do happen to bring them they will be locked up in a safe. The truth of the matter is that when you’re addicted to something you will most likely do anything possible to get to your drug of choice and that includes lying, stealing and cheating your way to it.

Not having access to your cell phone helps you to stay away (emotionally, physically and mentally) from the people, places and things that helped fuel your drug addiction.

Now, this is not to say that you will never be able to use a phone or communicate with your family and loved ones while in rehab because that is simply not true. You will be able to do that.

You should not be afraid of letting go of your cell phone for a few weeks in order to free yourself from the constant need to be connected to everyone and everything at all times. You need to give yourself a chance to fully detox and then recover; that is the whole reason why you will be in rehab.

If you are getting ready to enter or are entering drug and alcohol rehab you will receive a list of things you can and cannot bring. If you have any questions regarding any of those items just ask about it. You have the right to know why certain things are not allowed. Just keep in mind that if a treatment facility doesn’t allow something it’s most likely for your safety and the safety of others.

Getting to the heart of the matter…

The time that you spend in rehab should be spent on recovery and nothing else. Rehabs specifically design their programs so that your whole day is mapped, planned and accounted for in the most productive and helpful ways for your recovery. You can’t use your cell phone in rehab because you will be busy with detox, individual and group therapy, exercise, acupuncture, relapse prevention groups, and much more. Staff does not want you or any of their clients to be distracted by your phone. You came to rehab to save your life not continue on the way you were living before. So rehabs don’t let you use your cell phone in order to limit distractions, disruptions, and tardiness for activities due to phone calls and text messages. Most rehabs will have a designated phone that you can use but it will have restrictions. These restrictions are usually time related, for instance there will a dedicated, limited time during which you can contact family members. Remember you are in rehab to focus on yourself.

Removing yourself from the people who helped fuel your addiction…

Another reason you can’t use your cell phone in rehab is because of the drug connections on it. There is a concern with most rehabs that you or other patients could and can use cell phones to call old drug dealers to try and get drugs into the rehab. Even if you have the best intentions and don’t want to use, having your phone may trigger you and make you want to call your old drug dealer to bring you something. This is a very important reason why you can’t use your phone in rehab. If for some reason you did have your cell phone and called an old friend or dealer to bring you drugs then you are not only endangering yourself but other clients as well. Not allowing you to use your phone in drug and alcohol rehab eliminates this high risk situation all together.

After a certain point in your stay most rehabs will begin allowing you to use your cell phone under supervision but this all varies based on the facility. When you call to speak to an admissions counselor they will tell you what to bring and when, if at all you can use certain thing such as cell phones.

Remember that you’re going to rehab to get better. You’re not going to be on vacation. This is serious work and you’ll need to be ready to focus on yourself 100% so that you can get your life back.

You deserve that!
http://blog.palmpartners.com/why-cant-i-use-my-cell-phone-in-rehab/

Yup. That got my back up too. Especially when in the article he's also quoted saying that 'it's not an excuse to play the victim'.

Oh, my God! Does the lying fat sack of shit (and his whole scumbag clan) ever do anything but play the victim?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: You can almost admire the sheer, hypocritical gall of the bastard.

I still suspect he might be in some sort of in-patient weight loss program. Does such a thing exist? Like a fat camp I guess.

If Fatso's gone anywhere to actually lose weight, methinks liposuction will play a big role.

Not only that, Ford has found efficiencies and cost-cutting measures that have already saved the rehab facility one million dollars.

Oh, but why is he so modest? Surely he's saved the rehab place well over one BILLION dollars!

The Lisi trial starts today!!!!!

Which brings up a new thought; maybe the "rehab" trip is an excuse to not be available to testify at Lisi's trial? I mean, aside from the theories about the tapes being set up, the reality is he's both been filmed smoking crack and making rude remarks before and didn't go to rehab then. Maybe the difference with now is the timing. (he's not in rehab though, just pretending he is).

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the spectacular backlash, spin attempt and succeeding bender Rofo will go on when the world turns on him and Dufus for lying to everyone (and maintaining a charade) about Rofo being in Rehab.

They will both be spectacularly toast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back