244     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 686     10 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 408     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally get that. And, may your grain of Na be large. Honestly, not trying to get a lather whipped up or whatever. We were just, like, "How come you boonies know all this stuff? And we're all down in the city grasping at f'ing straws?". Felt kinda stupid, we did, frankly.
Kinda like how a lot of Canucks know US news but not vice versa. Small towns get weekly newspapers and TV that covers places further away. So yeah, anyway.

MBA's are one of the easier Masters degrees to acquire, doesn't shock me that SAL was able to get one.

Step 1) Work for a stuffy place like a bank or an insurance company that likes their managers to have MBAs
Step 2) Get people to want to promote you
Step 3) Get MBA on company's dime on company time
Step 4) ????
Step 5) Die sad and alone

Every time I've worked for a big corp there was some guy there getting paid to do an MBA. Why would you even pay for it yourself unless you did it at some top-tier school in the US? Dunno.

And don't get me started on business undergrads.

Not until the new mayor and council take office, which is on December 1st.

I'm not sure how much damage rob can do to his office/the city in the time between October 28th and November 30, but I'm prepared to be amazed.

Edit: th is post was supposed to be in response to one talking about October 28 th as the day that things can be cleaned up, but my tablet hates me.

Last edited:
Wow, Hains' feed has been on fire for hours. So good ...

Thanks for the tip...so good.

Report Exposes Climate of Fear at TCHC - David Hains:
The ombudsman’s report notes that “the CEO believed that his actions were his prerogative and that he had no responsibility for knowing the rules...
Councillor Gord Perks...noted that when he asked Jones during their first meeting how he would reconcile his plans to lay off frontline staff with his goal to improve customer service, Jones said he would personally attend to tenant calls...
Staff report that Jones frequently misses meetings, and that when he does attend, he often arrives late and does not seem to have read the relevant reports.

hains.jpg

Attachments

• hains.jpg
    hains.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 792
Last edited:
That's a nice thought, and God knows I hope he'd get his ass handed to him should he ever try such a stunt, but the events of the past few years haven't exactly made me an optimist. Given how weak and ineffectual our laws appear to be when dealing with the likes of Jones and the Fords, it wouldn't surprise me to see the rotten bastard actually win such a court case if it ever came to be. I hate to say that, but Ford's tenure as Mayor has stripped away any confidence I had in local government.

Seriously, is anyone else absolutely shocked at just how open to abuse our system was? In retrospect, it seemed like only a matter of time before someone like Rofo slimed along, and it's all the more shocking because he's far from a master manipulator. The man's little better than a small-time thug and a moron, and his family's not much higher on the evolutionary scale. But he's gotten away with everything so far through nothing but brute force, while the people supposedly standing against him have been utterly contempible in their weakness, cowardice, incompetence and complicity. It's sickening to watch.

Honestly, what genius came up with the "honor system" as a viable method for keeping our politicians in line in local city government? Was it a batch of particularly naive children who decided City Hall could police itself?

The only reason that Ford has gotten away with what he has, is because there is no accountability in our system. It's not that Ford is so smart or knows his way around the system. It's just the simple fact that our system and laws were designed to allow the powerful and connected to not be held to account. Most sensible politicians have the foresight to resign when they get in trouble but if they chose to pull a Ford move, they would probably also get away with it. Until the system is changed (which I believe will not happen) things like this will continue to happen. It's not just Ford who does this, many other politicians and public employees have also gotten away with misdeeds but to a much lesser degree. The only difference with Ford is that he brazenly has no limits to which he will sink. He believes he is truly infallible. The sad part is that so many people will overlook any wrongdoing he has done. This will only encourage more slime balls to do the same. Then when a lefty pulls the same crap, watch Ford Nation cry out in their hypocritical disgust but it will be too late. The bar will have already been lowered for all unethical, corrupt politicians to emulate, thanks to Ford and his people.

Report Exposes Climate of Fear at TCHC - David Hains:
The ombudsman’s report notes that “the CEO believed that his actions were his prerogative and that he had no responsibility for knowing the rules...

Councillor Gord Perks...noted that when he asked Jones during their first meeting how he would reconcile his plans to lay off frontline staff with his goal to improve customer service, Jones said he would personally attend to tenant calls...

Staff report that Jones frequently misses meetings, and that when he does attend, he often arrives late and does not seem to have read the relevant reports.

I had to read this a second time. You'd think it was describing Robbie. Birds of a feather I suppose ....

That scene is screwed up. A disaster waiting to happen.

Couldn't agree more. At some point, either he or (more likely) some hapless fan/bystander will get hurt, trampled, or worse. A wiser man would stay away from these crowd frenzy situations - but wisdom is in pretty short supply when it comes to Robbie. Plus he loves being a rockstar. Man of the people and all that. I'd love these sports arenas to ban him outright. He must be a complete effin nuisance to anyone sitting near him who's paid to see the game, not the clown show. And he really is a one-man safety hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back