4.3K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off-topic, but why do so many of these people have tiled photos/images as their Twitter backgrounds? Talk about a 1990s Web aesthetic rearing its ugly head again.

This @HeerJeet on Twitter is fascinating. His most recent point is one I (and many of you) have been rolling around in my head:
" 16. Doug went away for the day and Rob virtually dares us to catch him smoking crack. Think about that."

Rob can't just "do what he wants" or "do as he pleases". He has to do so in a way that is hugely embarassing and destructive to himself, AND in a place/time wherein he can elude his bossy know-it-all big brother.

What a horrible mess.

Edit -- beatin' to the punch by others; I guess its all a mute point now ;-)

Lol, mute or moot?

Yes, it's "moot". It's also "beaten" and "it's." I was joining the fun the others were having (read back several pages), including, "here, here," "all intensive purposes", and "hone in on" -- thanks to kensingtoncat and Sweet Mister for the levity!

(I'm a professional technical writer and do know the differences. (Including "garnisheed," not "garnished," Warren Kinsella take note.))

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong...

s.

Found this pretty offensive. No need to drag Renata any further into this.

Seconded.

I disagree, unfortunately Robbie brought her into the game and she decided to play, that makes her faire game. Although the joke is crude, it is still in line with Robbie's comments IMHO.

Neither Goldsbie nor Dale have written a word about last night. Wonder why considering how it all played out in social media.

Neither Goldsbie nor Dale have written a word about last night. Wonder why considering how it all played out in social media.

I assume that, unlike Warmington, they're doing some research and speaking to witnesses before publishing something.

This @HeerJeet on Twitter is fascinating. His most recent point is one I (and many of you) have been rolling around in my head:
" 16. Doug went away for the day and Rob virtually dares us to catch him smoking crack. Think about that."

Rob can't just "do what he wants" or "do as he pleases". He has to do so in a way that is hugely embarrassing and destructive to himself, AND in a place/time wherein he can elude his bossy know-it-all big brother.

What a horrible mess.

Dubster asked a few pages back if his behaviour last night is because he thinks he's in the clear. I've been wondering this myself, and can't quite decide if that is the reason, or if he's imploding because something worse might be coming, or if it's, as you say, just pure self-destruction for no good reason other than he can. The funny part is, if at any point during this time, but especially from the time of his "I quit drinking" announcement back in November, if he'd stayed on the straight and narrow, with no more public intoxication incidents, and had shown some interest in his job, he probably would have been fine, career-wise. He just can't stop.

I also noticed that when the whole OPP story broke on Wednesday, that other than a couple of "I'm exonerated"s, he didn't seem nearly as smug or upbeat as I would have expected him to be. Another reason I have a feeling that something more is coming.

So, it's hard to say if last night was a celebratory binge, or if it was an oh-shit-this-only-delayed-the-inevitable binge.

I disagree, unfortunately Robbie brought her into the game and she decided to play, that makes her faire game. Although the joke is crude, it is still in line with Robbie's comments IMHO.

We don't need to sink to his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back