46     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 700     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 610     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The evidence exists in the Traveller ITO to suggest this as a possibility, but certainly not as a fact either way. I wonder why TPS didn't investigate the Siyad/Ford aspect. The OPP is saying that there was nothing submitted to them to suggest an investigation into this aspect was conducted. You'd think AG would have brought this up before telling TPS they were good to go, as it gives some (not much, but some) ammo to Ford's counsel in a trial.

Thoughts?
Brazen 2 was created for the express purpose of investigating alleged criminality in the Mayor's office. Whatever Siad and company were up to would be outside that purview, one would think.

Guys, before you go tearing strips off MetroMan, remember, you wanted to hear what he was selling. We all did.

It seems bizarre to me that professional detectives and lawyers can come to completely different conclusions based on the same evidence. I feel like there is a big story here.

Guys, before you go tearing strips off MetroMan, remember, you wanted to hear what he was selling. We all did.

Yup. And the star, sun, etc all back up his main point - that TPS investigators thought they had something.

Of course, that doesn't really account for all the "Russian Mafia" stuff...

Well, if it is actually in a court document but not proven in court - can we legally call Rob Ford a "F%cking Idiot" without fear of legal reprisal?? LOL

His conclusion (imminent arrest) was wrong but the rest of it totally syncs with what we're hearing about a conflict as to what to do.

Rambling paragraph to follow:
I mean, we know (as if we didn't already) that Ford was pursuing the video he said didn't exist and surely thought it was gone by the time he held the press conference and we know he won't answer for it except at the ballot box. He will, as he has before, treat the lack of outright charges as proof he did nothing wrong. Maybe the video will come out and shake a few more people out but basically he has looked into the abyss and come out alive. Elena Basso thinks he's an idiot, which is somehow reassuring, but the notion he knows dirty cops and clearly did something here and all these resources were poured in without resulting in a single charge (not even DUI, not even as they watched envelopes getting left in cars and vodka bottles in parks) is beyond disappointing. It was easier to forgive those things when we thought they were waiting on something bigger.

I still think he'll get creamed at the polls but it's hard to see this as less than hugely disheartening. I'm sure it's ruining MM's vacation so there's little point piling on him.

why? they were doing their jobs, investigating crime and following leads. they are not the prosecutors. It's not their fault someone else killed the investigation (if that has indeed happened). They did not come up with "nothing" -- you know it, I know it... everyone knows it.

That's the worst part.

Ever since October when Blair came out with the video confirmation. Doug then starts crowing about moving things to the OPP. As the noose tightens, they crow even louder and get their wish. 2 weeks later the charges are publicly dumped.

Something happened and it ain't right.

It definitely troubles me that TPS obviously never investigated Siyad/Ford. If TPS goes ahead with charges, Ford can play the victim card, with the OPP backing him up. Ford Nation will eat it up, which is one of the worst parts of this.

I wish MM was in Toronto! He might have info on the TPS next step.

Why should they have investigated Siyad, though, outside of his relation to the case against Ford? Ford never complained about being blackmailed, and even denied that the video existed. And refused to answer questions about it, when asked by police. How can you blackmail someone for something that doesn't exist? Not really much of a victim, there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back