669     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 595     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 734     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between the Star's story and cowardly council allowing the pig to re-vote, this is a very depressing day.

Maybe the TPS said to OPP that they aren't waiting any longer. The case is solid, AG is on board, let's do this. So OPP went public to distance themselves ahead of the arrest.

It would be amazing that Ford has gone on CP24 today and crowed about being exonerated, only to be arrested soon after.

You have to think that both Siyad and Ford refused to cooperate on their conversations, thus TPS had nothing else to go on? That makes the most sense. I can't imagine the AG wouldn't already have asked TPS to follow that road. If that is the case, what more does OPP want? That's where it gets stinky.

The kicker is to charge Lisi, they didn't need Siad. They have him on wiretap. From what I remember of the ITO or information out there Siad didn't want to talk about the video. So, that would make me think they also have Rob.

The other way around? If that is going to be his defense, good luck because two wrongs don't make a right. Not only did he give no comment, he outright denied it! Which meant he knew it was out there. That means he tried to go about things in a under the law kind of way. Not very victimy-looking. THAT's why maybe, perhaps a "friend" of Rob's who also happens right now to be a "friend" of the OPP has been making a case for him.

The "friend" part is where it gets stinky.

Anyone else feeling bipolar today? I keep swinging from wildly optimistic to downright depressed, and then back! This is exhausting!

Just putting this out there, but it nags at me a little, possibly a dribble of stupid optimism:

The Articles all mention extortion. Full stop. Nothing else. No drugs/trafficking, no abuse of office, no "heinous other charge from the 6th dimension that dare not be spoken about".

It opens the door to a couple of possibilities -- 1. It's done, the imbeciles won the battle (but obviously not the war). 2. There's a lot more going on, and all is not exactly as it seems.

If MM is correct to say that warrants are being sought for property (Deco, home, etc..) -- and believe me, I can't get into MM's much hyped "intel" -- could we take at face value that perhaps there is an issue with *strictly* extortion, but there's still a lot left? A distraction? A misdirection that it's only extortion to put the perp at ease, off balance? After all, it's difficult to believe that evidence of extortion would be obvious at any of the properties. That's kind of a voice/communication thing. Drugs, sure, stashes of cash, sure.

Ah well. I'm just kicking the darkness here. Fuck.

Anyone else feeling bipolar today? I keep swinging from wildly optimistic to downright depressed, and then back! This is exhausting!
E-motion needs to move. We all need to be a lot more active, if there is too much corruption in the policing/government.
Seriously, we have documented corruption in all levels of current government. We should be demonstrating in the streets and demanding change.

Lets all remember that the Most Important Thing BY FAR is making sure Ford is not re-elected in October.

Rob getting arrested would be fantastic, just, (and incredibly cathartic), but it's ultimately not the point.

The point is defeating him, and making sure him and his asshole brother never darken the door of the Mayoralty again.

Let him live the rest of his life a free man, let him drink himself to death in some basement in Etobicoke, let him "get away with it", I don't even care at this point.

I just want to guarantee he is a one term mayor--full stop. I want to guarantee that he has to GO AWAY.

And whether he is charged or not--the city is going to have a fight on it's hands to make sure that happens.

I hope so too, but at this point I'm feeling awfully pessimistic. No matter how egregious his actions, he never seems to face real consequences. It baffles me.

Yes. Very frustrating. I take some solace in the fact that a majority of Torontonians say they won't vote for Rob under any circumstances. I don't think today's Star story will shift those intentions too much (though Rob willl likely recover some of his wavering supporters). The big risk is vote-splitting between Tory and Chow.

Everyone who was waiting on Nordheimer to step into the fray, rejoice:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 34s
BREAKING Judge lifts publication ban on remaining Project Brazen 2 documents #TOpoli #RobFord

Another possible positive spin on this: now that Ford(s) think that the investigation is done, (t)he(y)'ll stop watching their backs and may f up again. At least we may get a few more Ford wasted videos out of this.

Also, interesting....
Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 11.57.05 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 11.57.05 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 11.57.05 AM.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 662
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back