News   Jul 16, 2024
 569     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 710     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeley Rogers ‏@CityKeeley 25m
Mayor Ford's vote against naming a local street after Nelson Mandela makes front page of Kenyan paper. #topoli
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand
Retweeted by Rob Ford Must Go
Peggy Lee Karfilis ‏@ptypk 7m
@CityKeeley @robfordmustgo It is running here in Cape Town on local news tv & radio stations too...
Hide c

So Ford is officially a dick internationally for a whole new reason.

As mentioned previously, really do you think that TPS has investigated for a year, has the AG and courts on it's side, is just going to throw it's hands up after two weeks of OPP oversight and walk away?

They're either going to find this new information, or say "fuck tha oppolice" and charge him. They have the AG and courts behind them already, they don't NEED opp approval. Maybe this was the call that they needed. It wasn't the one they expected, but the power is back on their side to do what they want.

Not to mention the Brazen is still ongoing.

Dougo on CP24 this morning ..... what? No Bluster coming out of those gums today? He's sounding a bit low key today.

I have family members in the RCMP and the OPP and Toronto police have terrible reputations Canada-wide. They always knew which fingerprints came from Toronto because the ink often had significant amounts of the person's blood in it.
You know that they use digital fingerprint scanning now, not ink, right?

As mentioned previously, really do you think that TPS has investigated for a year, has the AG and courts on it's side, is just going to throw it's hands up after two weeks of OPP oversight and walk away?

They're either going to find this new information, or say "fuck tha oppolice" and charge him. They have the AG and courts behind them already, they don't NEED opp approval. Maybe this was the call that they needed. It wasn't the one they expected, but the power is back on their side to do what they want.

Not to mention the Brazen is still ongoing.

I'm not even sure how it's possible (logically I mean) that one police force can build a case, think that it's solid and have the crown on their side... then another police force can look at the same evidence and legitimately come to the conclusion "Nope sorry you got nothin'".

Well, this is shitstorm now no matter what happens. If there are ultimately no charges, Ford supporters are going to want heads to roll in the TPS. If there are charges at some point, then people are going to want to know why the OPP took this stance. Either way, one of these police forces takes a massive hit in terms of integrity and public faith...

From The Gawker article, my recollection is that it was not the intent to sell the video to Ford but to the media. It is possible that Ford was not Blackmailed about it. If the holder of the video gave Ford a price for the video upon request, while they were shopping the video to the media, is that still blackmail?

The evidence exists in the Traveller ITO to suggest this as a possibility, but certainly not as a fact either way. I wonder why TPS didn't investigate the Siyad/Ford aspect. The OPP is saying that there was nothing submitted to them to suggest an investigation into this aspect was conducted. You'd think AG would have brought this up before telling TPS they were good to go, as it gives some (not much, but some) ammo to Ford's counsel in a trial.

Thoughts?

I have family members in the RCMP and the OPP and Toronto police have terrible reputations Canada-wide.

Since the residency requirement ended, it has been my understanding that the City of Toronto is seen as the centre of the universe for emergency services applicants.

Sarcasm not intended.

I suspect most young people would find the job more interesting here than Mayberry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back