472     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 848     11 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 445     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Doug even in the meeting today? And is Rob sitting to Mammoliti's left?

WTF is with Mammoliti constantly interrupting? I wish Nunziata could just force him to leave the room after so many interruptions.

Mammo feels intimidated by Vaughan, I think.
Woo hoo Fletcher is nailing Nunzzie about holding him to account.

Something's up!

Peter Kim ‏@PeterKimGlobal 29s

It looks like Rob Ford just indicated to Frances nunziata that he's in a great deal of physical pain. #TOpoli Does not look well.

Well maybe the story about blowing out his back is true. In the shape he's in, I imagine bending over to tie his shoelaces could do something, no weightlifting required. Or maybe Renata finally snapped and beat the crap out of him.

Or maybe he didn't hear Doug's story about his back until he got to City Hall which is why he looked fine barrelling through reporters when he first got there. Maybe it's legit, I just have a hard time giving him the benefit of the doubt about anything.

Well maybe the story about blowing out his back is true. In the shape he's in, I imagine bending over to tie his shoelaces could do something, no weightlifting required. Or maybe Renata finally snapped and beat the crap out of him.

Suddenly this reeks of the Tiger Woods' incident with his then wife, LOL! If he had just had his people and Doug say he hurt his back and he'd be late, there would be no big drama.

There used to be an Employee Health Unit in the basement of the East Tower at City Hall. Don't know if it is still there or not, but if his back is bothering him maybe he should pop in? They may be able to help him.

He'd never go for that. That's a perk at taxpayers' expense, gravy, yada yada.

Or maybe he didn't hear Doug's story about his back until he got to City Hall which is why he looked fine barrelling through reporters when he first got there. Maybe it's legit, I just have a hard time giving him the benefit of the doubt about anything.

He didn't look fine though, check out some of the other clips, CP24's been running one for a while from closer to the office door, that he looks like he's hurtin' and he was moving slowly, very slowly for "barreling through" the reporters. The back story of weight lifting Friday is BS, He was in fine form about 24 or 25 hours ago ranting on about the expense reports, but he was rough today.

Huh. Just found out from a colleague that those No Ford Nation election posters were done by Rethink, an advertising agency. So not exactly grassroots spontaneity. Or cheap. I think I even recognize the photog's style. Colleague's suspicion was that they're likely award show bait (because ad people really need their egos stroked or something). However, who knows? Maybe someone is bankrolling the whole thing or they're all doing it out of pure civic virtue.

So, no indication of who Rethink's client was?

He seemed fine walking in, other than eating a ghost. I still call bullcrap. Something is going on.

He didn't look fine though, check out some of the other clips, CP24's been running one for a while from closer to the office door, that he looks like he's hurtin' and he was moving slowly, very slowly for "barreling through" the reporters. The back story of weight lifting Friday is BS, He was in fine form about 24 or 25 hours ago ranting on about the expense reports, but he was rough today.

He might have done something stupid/painful while in a drunken/cracken stupor. It could be a domestic violence thing. Or it could genuinely be from lifting something.

I can't say I have any sympathy for someone who so callously puts other people in physical danger to ensure his own personal/political safety. Not after bowling over McConnell and certainly not after elbowing Fred Lum (Globe photog) in the face.

Rob, go lie down. And never get up again.

So, no indication of who Rethink's client was?

IIRC there was a lengthy article about/interview with the No Ford Nation people yesterday and they said that they worked with the advertising firm and the latter did not charge for its work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back