378     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 680     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 438     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because nobody wants to deal with a totally unhinged man-child crashing through council members again. He's at his breaking point, folks. By tomorrow's debate, he may only be able to communicate through infant words. "I saved the goo-goo-gaa-gaa... billions and billions."

Because nobody wants to deal with a totally unhinged man-child crashing through council members again. He's at his breaking point, folks. By tomorrow's debate, he may only be able to communicate through infant words. "I saved the goo-goo-gaa-gaa... billions and billions."

Exactly. Nobody wants to deal with it. And that's how this goes on and on.

People like Ford take no one wanting to deal with him as tacit consent though. Sometimes it's worth the argument.

I'm calling police action by early next week

I've been wondering if the release of ITO applications puts more pressure on the TPS to wrap up their case. They can't be happy seeing portions of their investigation splashed all over the media. Would charges bring down the curtain on further releases, given that a court process would be underway and there would be a greater need to protect evidence prior to trial?

On a related note, what do people think charges — if any — would be? Assuming the police have a case, I'm guessing it would be something along the lines of obstruction and a trafficking-related charge connected to the pound of weed in exchange for Rob's phone. The money for the dope had to come from somewhere. Extortion-related stuff is bigger reach, IMO. The police need proof of who said what to whom and they don't seem to have it, unless there's something on Lisi's phone files. Even then, the extortion angle may only reach as far as people close to Rob, not the man himself. I'm sure there would have been some effort to shield the boss (although he does have problems with running his mouth).

And instead of paying attention to the deputations, Ford is reading the Sun. More evidence that he doesn't give a crap what taxpayers actually think and want.

Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 11.05.09 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 11.05.09 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 11.05.09 AM.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 735
I actually think Rob Ford's intelligence is significantly below average. I don't believe he actually CAN engage in abstract thinking or anticipate the likely consequences of his behaviour or the way other people are likely to interpret his actions, and hence I think he is genuinely bewildered by some of the media attention he gets. There's a certain pathos in that -- the simple-minded baby brother parroting the rest of the family, the intellectually disabled kid who keeps getting into trouble he doesn't understand -- but I'm past even pretending to care about Rob Ford's well-being.

^Agreed. I do some informal intelligence testing in my job, which I am sometimes later able to check against "formal" measurement. I would put Ford in double digits. His occupation requires him to deal with complex and nuanced subject matter, and in many ways he does so as might a door or a brick or a carbon atom.

And instead of paying attention to the deputations, Ford is reading the Sun. More evidence that he doesn't give a crap what taxpayers actually think and want.

View attachment 24102

I wonder? Who is the person behind the camera taking that photo? Hmmm....

20101015-rocket6miller.jpg

What is David Miller doing during his off hours?

Attachments

• 20101015-rocket6miller.jpg
    20101015-rocket6miller.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 473
Are the ITO documents released yesterday available on line? Looking at the stories in the usual places - Star, Sun, etc. there do not seem to be links to a copy of the documents.

Given the usually very high level of "customer service" here on this forum, should I take silence as a "no"?

Why the hell wouldn't he sit in his assigned seat? Is this kindergarten or something or has he gone over the edge???

Probably a bit of both ... he still responds to not getting his way at the tantrum level AND he must feel that he is losing control over pretty much everything as the net is about to fall on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back