4.6K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 300     4 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 466     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was David Price being one of those, remember he phoned cops re: Ford and Anthony Smith. Mark Towhey might have been the other.
Naw, it's one of the peripheral friends in low places. No way Ford would trust any of his staff with the real story. That means all of his staff and anyone close to Doug including Price.

My guess is someone like Payman.

I think (and I could be wrong) it could either be a wire or a recorded phone convo in which one party gives consent, no?
Phone taps are third party though. The language doesn't indicate that.

Edit

Yeah it could be voicemail or a recording handed over after the fact.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I wasn't sure how cloud services differed from other server storage services.

They don't differ, at all. "Cloud" is an annoying industry term. iCloud is all hosted on Apple servers in Apple data centres, just like Amazon's Cloud services are, just like Microsoft Azure is, etc. It is just a way to describe using large-scale third-party computing infrastructure over the Internet, whether that be storage, compute, or what have you. The person you quoted was 100% incorrect, it is nothing like BitTorrent. Sorry.

Apple would have access to everything on his iCloud account, and has the tools to extract anything they want from his phone (unless he jailbroke it and used third-party software to encrypt it - HAH).

From the ITO, pg. 433:
0n September 23rd, 2013 The Honourable Justice David P. COLE provided judicial Authorization to intercept private 'communications where one of the persons has consented pursuant to the provisions of Section 184.2 of the Criminal Code;
a) The person who has consented to the interception of his private communications and whose private communications may be intercepted is:
i) Name: Detective Constable FERNANDES (90069) Toronto Police Service Drug Squad

He was the undercover cop that bought pot from Bahrami/Lisi. That's one consented conversation, the other one must be in the redacted portions of the ITO.

Last edited:
From the ITO, pg. 433:
0n September 23rd, 2013 The Honourable Justice David P. COLE provided judicial Authorization to intercept private 'communications where one of the persons has consented pursuant to the provisions of Section 184.2 of the Criminal Code;
a) The person who has consented to the interception of his private communications and whose private communications may be intercepted is:
i) Name: Detective Constable FERNANDES (90069) Toronto Police Service Drug Squad

He was the undercover cop that bought pot from Bahrami/Lisi. That's one consented conversation, the other one must be in the redacted portions of the ITO.

Okay, so that's one. But there is a second. Wonder who that might be?

From the ITO, pg. 433:

Oh wait...now I see they did a second one on Sept. 26, to replace the one from Sept. 23. That makes two.

Oh well.

No, Doug lied; he claimed the Escalade was a gift from him and Randy. Third parties rooted out the truth using PPSA searches against Deco. (And there is not a shred of public information on whether he has a Deco credit card of any sort.)

Nothing requires a mayor to divest himself of the ownership of a business, no matter the size of his ownership (i.e., some or all).

See line 3.22 of R Ford's Compliance Audit as completed by Froese Forensic Partners.....mentions R Ford's monthly Deco expense spreadsheet and Deco's American Express card ( see EA13.1 and backgroundfile 55645.pdf)

Rob is HILARIOUS at 21 second mark! trying to stick to his talking points, after being asked about bringing the heat on Dixon: 'we're gonna have a good time', sounds like he really means it! his driver is actively suppressing a grin (he can't believe that driving this maniac around is his job)

He's like a broken toy at this point. And just as sad.

He's like a broken toy at this point. And just as sad.
You have to remind yourself about Ford lest you cut him too much slack.

He jeopardizes the public by driving drunk, even gets drunk in the vehicle.

He thinks being Mayor is all about himself and his family. He wouldn't piss on the majority of Toronto citizens if they were on fire.

He may be a product of a psychotic family but he adds his own selfish arrogance to the mix. The man has no excuses for his behaviour. If he had any shame or sense of doing the right thing he would have left office.

They don't differ, at all. "Cloud" is an annoying industry term. iCloud is all hosted on Apple servers in Apple data centres, just like Amazon's Cloud services are, just like Microsoft Azure is, etc. It is just a way to describe using large-scale third-party computing infrastructure over the Internet, whether that be storage, compute, or what have you. The person you quoted was 100% incorrect, it is nothing like BitTorrent. Sorry.

Apple would have access to everything on his iCloud account, and has the tools to extract anything they want from his phone (unless he jailbroke it and used third-party software to encrypt it - HAH).

The cloud is also relevant because Apple will have archives of everything saved to iCloud. If Lisi backed something up to iCloud and then subsequently erased it, Apple may be able to restore the file(s) from a backup.

Yeah, it's been covered. The issue is chain of custody should it become evidence.

Chain of custody doesn't mean the hardware needs to follow you around - you just make a bit for bit copy of the memory and work with that. What makes the iPhone unique is a hardware key that requires the physical device in order to do a full decryption (one assumes via a backdoor of some kind - the hardware key provides protection from abuse):

Starting with iOS 4 Apple began providing data protection for user data by encrypting the user partition. With the introduction of the iPhone 3GS (and continuing to the current iPhone 5 hardware device), Apple began including a hardware key that is used as part of the encryption process. This means that the physical device is needed in order to get all the components (keys) to successfully decrypt files that are protected with this level of encryption. iOS 5 introduced an additional layer of protection by encrypting files with individual keys.

He thinks being Mayor is all about himself and his family. He wouldn't piss on the majority of Toronto citizens if they were on fire.

He may be a product of a psychotic family but he adds his own selfish arrogance to the mix. The man has no excuses for his behaviour. If he had any shame or sense of doing the right thing he would have left office.

Thanks for this. He doesn't deserve one drop of sympathy after all the horrible things he's done. You can also add the grief he caused all his staffers who quit or were fired or who went on medical leave because of him. And how many people at The Star lost their jobs after people cancelled their subscriptions because they bought into his "the Star is out to get me" campaign? The assault on Dale, the death threats to Doolittle and Donovan and so many other things don't make me feel one bit sorry for him. I will celebrate the day he is arrested.

I didn't mean that he's some harmlesss victim.
I just meant he's' a broken toy, like, you ask him, "What's your name?" And he says, "There's a snake in my boot!"
"Do you want to play?" "There's a snake in my boot!"

Clearly someone has drilled into him that he has to stay on message but he looks borderline insane when someone asks him whether his drug dealer was ordered to trade pot for a cell phone he lost while doing drugs with gang members and he goes, "I've saved a billion dollars! Come to my campaign launch!"
"Did you order him to beat people up to retrieve the crack video?" "I've saved a billion dollars! Come to my campaign launch!"

I don't know if he's clever enough to know the end is nigh but I suspect Doug, at least, does. It's pathetic that he's been pushed into all this by his family and stuck it out when he could have spared all of us the spectacle and is, while not worthy of forgiveness, quite a pathetic shell of a human being. So, that's all I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back