360     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 511     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 632     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why exactly do we label any opposing point of view here as a troll? I disagree vehemently with RippedLikeStinson and I've spent my adult life debating against the point of view he brought forward but I don't see anything particularly offensive with the manner in which he/she presented it.

I mean sure it was somewhat off topic and we should probably get back on track but we've all been guilty of that at times. Sure, I fully realize this is our community and we (and the mods) have the right to label the opposing viewpoint as unacceptable. But in this case I didn't see a troll - I saw someone with a legitimately presented opinion that happened to differ from the majority here. It came about organically as part of the discussion and didn't seem to happen with an intent to antagonise. Isn't that what Internet debate is supposed to be about?

Not everyone I disagree with is a troll.

Last edited:
Why exactly do we label any opposing point of view here as a troll? I disagree vehemently with RippedLikeStinson and I've spent my adult life debating against the point of view he brought forward but I don't see anything particularly offensive with the manner in which he/she presented it.

I mean sure it was somewhat off topic and we should probably get back on track but we've all been guilty of that at times. Sure, I fully realize this is our community and we (and the mods) have the right to label the opposing viewpoint as unacceptable. But in this case I didn't see a troll - I saw someone with a legitimately presented opinion that happened to differ from the majority here. It came about organically as part of the discussion and didn't seem to happen with an interest to antagonise. Isn't that what Internet debate is supposed to be about?

When someone appears out of nowhere and starts a debate about political ideologies in a thread about something else, that should make you ask if that person is actually interested in contributing to the discussion at hand or if they have some other purpose. That doesn't mean they are necessarily a "troll", but the result is the same. In this particular case, the "dirt poor black and Mexican people" reference should be a clue.

I mean sure it was somewhat off topic and we should probably get back on track but we've all been guilty of that at times. Sure, I fully realize this is our community and we (and the mods) have the right to label the opposing viewpoint as unacceptable. But in this case I didn't see a troll - I saw someone with a legitimately presented opinion that happened to differ from the majority here. It came about organically as part of the discussion and didn't seem to happen with an intent to antagonise. Isn't that what Internet debate is supposed to be about?

This is the Rob Ford thread, not the 'debate things that no one will ever agree on' thread. Rob Ford's behaviour is not accurately described by any particular ideology, other than 'selfish asshole.'

Ford, Ford, Ford, is that all you people want to talk about! There are Conservatives in Ottawa who don't know where they live!

(late to the party, and I just had to be an ass. :))

Why exactly do we label any opposing point of view here as a troll?

Because he knows the view is going to rile people up. In fact it seems specifically crafted to hit all the major points that upset people.

This thread makes no excuses for our circle-jerk. Homophobes get banned, Rob Ford supporters get shot down immediately. This isn't a bad thing. They can go make their own thread on their own forum if they want. Anyhow, this is obvious, so a new member who writes a wall of text hitting every single line-item that we disagree with is clearly very unobservant or a troll.

You can disagree here without being labelled a troll, I've disagreed with a lot of things and no one cares.

Ford, Ford, Ford, is that all you people want to talk about! There are Conservatives in Ottawa who don't know where they live!

(late to the party, and I just had to be an ass. :))
I personally think strip club manager is a step above politician and senator.

DJ Ford spinning the tables last night.
BhH5mccCEAARwRP.jpg

Attachments

• BhH5mccCEAARwRP.jpg
    BhH5mccCEAARwRP.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 608
Ford was at Real Sports again this morning for the game. Does this guy always wear a suit and tie? I guess it's better than wearing a Team Canada jersey and making them lose.

I personally think strip club manager is a step above politician and senator.

Agreed. I'm sure there is a joke about "naked ambition" in this somewhere but I can't think of one right now.

DJ Ford spinning the tables last night.
View attachment 23020

DJ Juicy Brucy.
tongue.png

Ford was at Real Sports again this morning for the game. Does this guy always wear a suit and tie? I guess it's better than wearing a Team Canada jersey and making them lose.

Usually, unless he is scoring some substance.

Last edited:
I wish people would start posting photo-bombs of them stepping in front of him just as the pic is taken. You'd still get to be in a picture with a famous thing, but get to give him a bitch slap at the same time.

I'd like to see people making subtle but disparaging faces while getting photos taken with Ford, without him noticing. Maybe a slightly cross-eyed or really thick expression? Something amusing that expresses how people truly regard the piece of shit. It could make a good photo series and Ford would always be apprehensive about getting photos taken with his 'fans'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back