378     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 680     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 438     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not rid of the Fords just yet. Sigh.

Doug Ford makes announcement

Councillor Doug Ford is expected to make an announcement regarding his political future.

Doug Ford not going to run for provincial elections

Councillor Doug Ford says he is going to focus on brother Rob Ford's mayoral campaign

We are not rid of the Fords just yet. Sigh.

Doug Ford makes announcement

Councillor Doug Ford is expected to make an announcement regarding his political future.

Doug Ford not going to run for provincial elections

Councillor Doug Ford says he is going to focus on brother Rob Ford's mayoral campaign

On hearing that Doug Ford will not run in the provincial AND city elections:

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart,
Where?
Down in my heart!
Where?
Down in my heart!
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart,
Down in my heart to stay...

I wonder if Hudak told him he wasn't part of their provincial plan and told him to make the announcement to save face?

Rob makes the flag suggestion a few minutes after overhearing Norm Kelly make the same suggestion on council floor.

ddale8 11:41am via Web
Rob Ford arrives two hours late in chamber, rises to ask that the Canadian flag be lowered to half-staff to honour people killed in Ukraine.

On cue Mammo goes ballistic... again because honouring people being killed in Ukraine should be Rob's idea.

ddale8 11:51am via Web
Mammoliti is raging at the speaker. He wants council to vote on Ford's suggestion to lower the flag, not Kelly's motion to lower the flag.

Last edited:
I wonder if Hudak told him he wasn't part of their provincial plan and told him to make the announcement to save face?

It's probably all part of Diane Ford's political masterplan. Replace Hudak with Doug at next leadership convention. Replace entire city council with Ford-friendly allies in October. Makes sense to me...

This is almost certain. The press conference was very weird. Both Rob and Doug looked depressed about the whole thing.
Maybe there's more to this. Arrest pending?

This is no doubt a face-saving move on Doug's part. And him concentrating fully on mis-managing robbie's campaign should be good news for anyone running against him. With doug this involved it should guarantee some epic meltdowns, gaffes, blunders and WTF moments. It's going to be an absolute circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back