News   Jul 05, 2024
 343     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 436     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m
Mayor Rob Ford suggests Doug Ford could be TTC chair. Says Doug Ford would "straighten things out" at #TTC

And I say, thankfully, it's a council decision.

Rob Ford is addressing a Chinese business delegation? What business insights could he share?!? What POSSIBLY could he have to say to them? Apart from a few election-esque soundbites, he is void of capacity for dialogue and discourse. How embarrassing for us.

I think he was just joking, still. Unless you actually sit at City Hall and can tweet at the exact time he arrives, it'd be a bit of a pointless account even just for a farce, since anyone who follows an account like that probably follows other City Hall reporters too and it'll just be old news. I do like the idea of an end-of-week summary, though. Build up a nice data set, use it as a bit of anti-RoFo viral campaign propaganda.

I'm no media theorist, but it seems to me that it's often indirect or passing familiarity that makes this kind of thing effective. If someone like Jonathan Goldsbie makes favourable mention of the account in Now, a wider range of people are going to know about it, or, more to the point, they're going to know that it exists. One might only glance at @90sDougFord when one sees it mentioned along with a number of other parody accounts in the Globe or wherever it was, but in the process one becomes aware that the Fords are subject to certain kinds and degrees of popular ridicule. I think in the case of Ford's truancy, this could make a difference. If no one else seems to care about it, I might think that it's no big deal. If a lot of people are making fun of it, I might feel otherwise. In any case, I think it's worth a try.

Also, just seeing the number of hours that Ford is absent in concrete terms on a Twitter account might make people feel it a bit differently.

Last edited:
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m
Mayor Rob Ford suggests Doug Ford could be TTC chair. Says Doug Ford would "straighten things out" at #TTC

And I say, thankfully, it's a council decision.

Wasn't there a rumour that Byford was mulling over a move back to Australia? The political climate here seems to clash with his constitution. Imagine we lose Byford, AND Dougie does become chair. RIP TTC.

Huh?

marcusbgee 4:20pm via TweetDeck
"In the next five years or 10 years, as long as I’m mayor, it’s going to become perfect." - Rob Ford on customer service at city hall.

7rMeNwl.jpg

This is amusing.

Robyn Doolittle and Kanye West have been confirmed as the second night guests on Late Night with Seth Meyers.

Last edited:
Rob Ford is addressing a Chinese business delegation? What business insights could he share?!? What POSSIBLY could he have to say to them? Apart from a few election-esque soundbites, he is void of capacity for dialogue and discourse. How embarrassing for us.

Ur being unfair. He knows THOSE people intimately......they work like DOGS!

7rMeNwl.jpg

This is amusing.

He has brought a degree of sanity back to City Hall, and he's got a wicked sense of humour and dry wit. Ideologically I'm opposed, but I do like him.

He has brought a degree of sanity back to City Hall, and he's got a wicked sense of humour and dry wit. Ideologically I'm opposed, but I do like him.

Unfortunately, you're reading it backwards. Twitter is bottom-up, newest posts first. The creator of that image simply cropped out the nonsense that was on his/her feed in between. Ford['s staff] posted *after* Kelly.

But it would be more amusing that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back