News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.6K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 8m

@TOMayorFord also, since my requests are not being answered, were you invited 2 event last night with PMSH? You attended, but DM spoke, why?

So Kelly was there last night, as well as Harper? I am betting Ford just crashed the party like that one tweet said.

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 14m

@TOMayorFord asking on behalf of my newsroom @CP24 , are you still going to try to have rainbow flag removed from City Hall?

Katie sounds exasperated. I am glad she is asking these questions on twitter, even though he won't answer. It must be frustrating for all the City Hall reporters to have to deal with this buffoon.

He has no power to have the flag removed. Simpson is just goading him.

Goading? I think that Katie Simpson is too professional for that. She's simply asking what his intentions are.

Last edited:
For anyone interested.

"How does Rob Ford’s Pride Parade attendance compare to past mayors?"
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...ide-parade-attendance-compare-to-past-mayors/

Someone should do a Freudian/post-modern analysis of the way mayors and other public officials hang on to those super soakers like security blankets during the parade. I was reminded of this by Soknacki's recent comment. I think it says "hey, I'm letting my hair down, but I'm still ALL MALE".

He has no power to have the flag removed. Simpson is just goading him.

I don't think she's goading him at all, I think she wants answers and even though we all know she won't get them, she should keep asking. I am betting the people who held the event didn't invite him but are also too polite to say so, publicly.

Edit: Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 1m

Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly tells me he was representing #Toronto at last night's dinner with @pmharper. Says they sat at same table.

I can just imagine the reaction by both Kelly and Harper when Ford showed up with his kid as his shield.

Last edited:
Saw this on another Urban Toronto thread on Rob Ford, "How about that Rob Ford?".
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/3698-How-about-that-Rob-Ford

"It's out of character and I can guarantee it will never happen again."

He seems to have a number of separate threads on UT. ( Has it ever been considered to merge all Rob Ford threads into one? )

Never happen again, mm-hmm.

The part where he mentioned his sister was new to me. Also the woman making the ever so effective shh/keep it down gestures at the remaining spectators, who I guess was Renata ... or maybe not?

Well, maybe 'goading' was over-reaching a bit. I do thing there's a hint of antagonism if she's resorted to tweeting his account, which she well knows isn't managed by him and will not grant her the answers she seeks.

I can understand the frustration and the desire to understand his intentions, but I think in this case actions speak louder than words and the law is fairly clear on what Rob Ford's powers are now. I do feel she's fishing for a soundbite. It would be amusing, I suppose, for Rob to reaffirm his homophobia once again, but I think we all know where he stands on that by now.

It's OK guys Monday is a new day, the news cycle will bring us something jucier I'm sure. Today we can mourn the gold medal stolen from Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir and celebrate the return of "The Walking Dead".

Norm KellyVerified account ‏@DMayorKelly

@KatieSimpson24 : pm was long gone when ford showed up a cple of hours into the event. He was invited to speak, which he did, briefly.

I am taking this as he was invited to speak because he was there, not because he was invited.

I am taking this as he was invited to speak because he was there, not because he was invited.

And I'm wondering how all this was coordinated.

Did Harper's people give Ford's people the heads up that the PM has left and
Ford can show up?

Such an intricate operation to coordinate!:)

Well, maybe 'goading' was over-reaching a bit. I do thing there's a hint of antagonism if she's resorted to tweeting his account, which she well knows isn't managed by him and will not grant her the answers she seeks.

I can understand the frustration and the desire to understand his intentions, but I think in this case actions speak louder than words and the law is fairly clear on what Rob Ford's powers are now. I do feel she's fishing for a soundbite. It would be amusing, I suppose, for Rob to reaffirm his homophobia once again, but I think we all know where he stands on that by now.

It's OK guys Monday is a new day, the news cycle will bring us something jucier I'm sure. Today we can mourn the gold medal stolen from Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir and celebrate the return of "The Walking Dead".

...She's a reporter. Her job to is ask questions. Ford is so evasive. He forces the media to use whatever means possible to get answers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back