602     5 
News   May 31, 2024
 2K     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 886     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who want to reach into their computers and strangle Ford, here is the exchange with Stintz. She wasn't as upset as I expected her to be.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/01/13/rob-ford-karen-stintz-ice-storm-video_n_4591599.html

That was hard to watch. But it makes it apparent that somebody needs to give Ford a taste of his own medicine - he needs to be forcefully, articulately and repeatedly, shut down. Enough of this this soft spoken measured words bullshit - ripping right back at him and accusing him of the things of which he is guilty - not asking him, but putting him on the spot and heavily chastising him and shaming him.

Last edited:
This deployment of juvenile sarcasm is one of his major uh, weapons. The kind of thing a mouthy teenager might have said whilst trying and failing to be clever.
Sadly, his winding people up in this asinine way often leaves his somewhat dim and overly polite compatriots on city council tongue tied and dumbfounded. Looking at the transcript of the exchange between Ford and Stintz today is painful. She has no idea how to get the upper hand with him.
The only one who seems to really be able to respond with the right amount of condescending contempt is Gordon Perks, who can barely disguise the fact that he thinks Ford is unworthy of his attention. Oh for someone truly whip smart and articulate to put these trollish buffoons in their place!
You know, someone who isn't uh, Canadian:

[video=youtube;VWkZOUiw_mU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWkZOUiw_mU[/video]

One for the ages

+1 on the above.

But didn't I read a few pages back that DoFo and Gord Perks take smoke breaks together?? If I didn't misread that then I'd really like to be a fly on a nearby wall. What kind of conversation can they possibly have?

That was hard to watch. But it makes it apparent that somebody needs to give Ford a taste of his own medicine - he needs to be forcefully, articulately and repeatedly, shut down. Enough of this this soft spoken measured words bullshit - ripping right back at him and accusing him of the things of which he is guilty - not asking him, but putting him on the spot and heavily chastising him and shaming him.

There were a few points in that exchange where RoFo left himself open and Stintz could have/should have charged right in. But it seems she was so flustered she wasn't hearing or thinking straight.

I would have liked to see how Carol Off could have handled that, like she did Conrad Black.

There were a few points in that exchange where RoFo left himself open and Stintz could have/should have charged right in. But it seems she was so flustered she wasn't hearing or thinking straight.

I would have liked to see how Carol Off could have handled that, like she did Conrad Black.

Yes I know - I was virtually lurching forward in my seat at those moments! As the Deepend said - enough with being too Canadian!

For those who want to reach into their computers and strangle Ford, here is the exchange with Stintz. She wasn't as upset as I expected her to be.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/01/13/rob-ford-karen-stintz-ice-storm-video_n_4591599.html

I was expecting to see Ford really getting to her, but she stood up to him really well, I think: she seems partly amused and partly in disbelief at his inability to answer the questions and his general disingenuousness in accounting for himself. Even Nunziata seems oddly even-handed here.

Yes -- for his fellow councillors, it must be infuriating in dealing with this bozo for years. He isn't very smart (although he thinks he is brilliant), and often resorts to name-calling, insults, sarcasm, lying or going completely off topic. They have to hold him to the fire and hold him to an answer when he is questioned. And if someone doesn't get the required response, then the next councillor has to go right at him with the same thing.

And Nunziata really is entirely useless as a speaker.

I wish my elementary school French teacher from grades 5 through 8 would rip both Fords up like he used to rip us up when we were acting a fool.

Heh, he'd probably make His Lardship cry.

One can dream.

John Cook from Gawker would do a good job of wiping away fords shitscreen too. Or *Michael Hastings, if he hadn't tragically already been offed for telling it like it is.

*Correction: Originally said Jeremy Scahill but meant Michael Hastings. Appologies.

Last edited:
Nunziatta is the biggest fu*king numbskull and a fervent Ford supporter. How councilors tolerate her at the helm is another one of city hall's mysteries.

John Cook from Gawker would do a good job of wiping away fords shitscreen too. Or Jeremy Scahill, if he hadn't tragically already been offed for telling it like it is.

I hadn't heard of him until now, but it appears Scahill is alive ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back