News   Jul 16, 2024
 696     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 607     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeds sellers aren't even "drug dealers" anymore. :p

It's a plant, ffs! How messed up is a society that has the moral hubris to illegalise that which occurs naturally? (This obviously goes for mushrooms, DMT, etc as well)

Also, this thread has veered! ;)
It doesn't matter what Dougie's little crime empire was selling. It was illegal and the profit premium and protection of money and family influence with law enforcement is what was at play. He used his privilege like the mob does.

This thread has gone to shit.
What are you all discussing anyways? None of anything that I've been reading is new or interesting.

Taking a page out of Ford's book? :)
It is easier to criticize than to offer a new vision of how to do things, I guess.
It could be valid feedback, but the way it is delivered turns people off. Without any alternative ideas shared on how to do things differently, the criticism falls flat.

Not new, but wasn't Ford given 'til today/tomorrow am (?) to retract his statements and apologize to Dale?

Why would he apologize? He's got nothing to gain.

He lives for court battles to be a perpetual victim of the star and left wing commies

An ironic comment from someone who has has just got here.

Now that Mayor Kelly is in charge, it's not surprising that things are quieter.

But isn't that a good thing? Surely we want to back to the days when city politics were rather dull, and the biggest excitement was a debate about billboard sizes!

The real goal is preventing Ford from ever returning to power. Which he can still do.

The deadline for Ford and Zoomer to apologize is this afternoon, then it's back to Dale to make the next move. Based on what Dale has written, I assume he plans on moving this forward if the apology isn't delivered.

Yup. This thread is unreadable for me now. I don't know what anyone is talking about anymore. If it's not conspiracies being made up, then it's just rumours and garbage. If you have nothing to report or discuss on-topic, then go read a book or something.

Then don't read it. It's not like you've ever contributed anything to it. And so what if it goes out of register for a day or two? The thread isn't here for anyone's particular enjoyment.
The City of Toronto is living through one of the biggest traumas in its history. A trauma which is by no means over. People who care about the city are angry, frustrated, in shock, giddy, divided, conflicted. Many can't believe that Toronto has found itself in this situation. Only a few people out of the hundreds of thousands of people who have visited this thread really know what is going on. And NO ONE knows what the outcome of the situation is going to be. In other words, S.N.A.F.U*. At the moment, reality is messy, life is messy, people are messed up. Why shouldn't the thread also get messed up? Especially at present, when the next shoe to drop, has yet to drop.

It doesn't matter what Dougie's little crime empire was selling. It was illegal and the profit premium and protection of money and family influence with law enforcement is what was at play. He used his privilege like the mob does.

Oh, agreed. I was just saying. Doug Ford is a terrible human. I wouldn't want to meet him as a ganja-dealing teenage d-bag.

Ok, here's something. Turns out Jaclyn Dawes is alive and living in Asia. She was depressed, lost it and took off without even telling her parents.

Do you have a source you can link to? This would be great news if it's true (not that abandoning everyone you know including your own parents, without even letting them know, is good behavior, but it's a lot better than being abducted and killed by some criminal), but a quick Google search has failed to show anything about this.

The deadline for Ford and Zoomer to apologize is this afternoon, then it's back to Dale to make the next move. Based on what Dale has written, I assume he plans on moving this forward if the apology isn't delivered.

Not happening. Dale should just go ahead and call the toronto star funded lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back