928     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is someone who was 30 a "youth"?

It isn't

We know it, Peepers knows it, and Peepers knows we know he knows it.

So why would peepers continue to repeat things he knows isn't true and knows is easily refuted, and in fact knows basically everyone knows he knows this?

Could just be that he knows it bugs people and just gets a kick from antagonizing.
Or, as long as he thinks keeping his dialogue alive might influence one single person, he doesn't care how stupid he looks.
In any event, he's dedicated to whatever his cause is.

That's what I thought it was the whole time. Ford coked up talking about fighting someone (Tyson) while going off on a tangent.

Oddly enough, the Prince of Excuses didn't actually use that one when the video became public. You'd think if that was the honest explanation of his recorded behaviour, he would have said.

Friend Claims Video Was Mike Tyson Joke

The context of the video is fairly irrelevant don't you think? (I must admit I'm a bit curious to find out what "birds" mean). But if it were about an imaginary bout with Tyson, how would the comments about calling him and his brother liars fit in?

I can't believe he watches the video with the rest of the world, and all he has to say is he's embarrassed. And why aren't all these interviewers not asking him flat out questions about it? Perhaps we need Minnan-Wong to stand up in Council and ask these straight up questions towards the mayor, cause he seems to be the only one who gets a straight answer.

King_Hippo.jpg

It isn't

So why would peepers continue to repeat things he knows isn't true and knows is easily refuted, and in fact knows basically everyone knows he knows this?

Could just be that he knows it bugs people and just gets a kick from antagonizing.
Or, as long as he thinks keeping his dialogue alive might influence one single person, he doesn't care how stupid he looks.

"The Conservative Shuffle" (Ford style): Similar to the "Curly Shuffle" in dance style, however, it's more repetitive (as in flailing), and the user tends not to think for themselves. :p

looks like a piece of crap to me. it might be a good idea for them to do a bit of, um, shooting before they claim to be doing a documentary. this isn't going to go anywhere. someone who knows how to make a film will do it, and it won't be these guys...whoever they are.

plus they are already spreading lies... in the video they do have, they parrot the claim that rob was elected with the biggest win in toronto election history.

they are not where i would put my money.

It also is profoundly confused, as it is citizenship (or even residency) which is the important unit for governance, and not "taxpayer". Not all taxpayers get to participate in all aspects of our democracy, and not all full participants pay taxes.

everyone pays taxes if you include sales tax.

We're not done debating the Scarborough subway after all...

I've been concerned with how Ford will be able to claim that the "coup d'etat" has resulted in a lefty tax and spend City Hall with tax increases going up above the 1.75% Ford is pitching. It's a smart strategy and Ford Nation will eat it up.

But tonight I heard about how some Councillors are proposing to deal with this. They're going to call his bluff. They're going to dare him to cancel the Scarborough Subway so that the 1.75% can be met. Ford either votes to cancel the Scarborough Subway or he votes to re-affirm a 2.5% tax increase. I don't know if it'll work and if there will be an appetite to re-open the Scarborough Subway debate yet again but it's a good idea.

It isn't

I actually do hope Joe is doing it for kicks or just as a means of irritating/trolling others - I'd be disappointed and a little worried if he actually believes his easily-disproven bs.

It's funny, I've sort of been "mentally charting" his reasonableness (in the form of honest/dishonest debate) and it turned into the big parabola, where he briefly seemed to touch reasonable, honest and even a bit contrite, before zooming back off into crazy land again.

It's so disheartening when they relapse back into their delusions.

(plus the fact--*he* started the company?!?)

I don't even get it. And his reference to "sacrificing his life" -- what the hell? I don't doubt he's worked hard (I mean, even his hash dealing enterprise seems to have been highly disciplined) but most people who've worked really hard for lucrative careers don't refer to it as "sacrificing their lives."

It's the same line he uses re: being a councillor -- "I sacrifice so much, I donate my salary" blah blah blah. I'm the victim, I suffer the most.

He's only 49 and he has tons of money now. Is there something else he'd rather be doing? Why doesn't he bog off and do it and leave our city alone?

I'm confused. Is Rob trying to lose weight or become a body builder?

He's talked about getting "big arms" before.

I think Rob Ford's maximum emotional maturity is about that of a 7-year-old. Losing weight and improving one's health are not as fun, to a kid, as turning yourself into a comic book superhero.

Re Robyn Doolittle "asking for it" by working in public...I can't even. Flat out hateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back