626     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 569     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 711     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, the teacher-led indoctrination of Harris hate was very disconcerting.

That's coming from me, who thinks Harris is a coonta, level 10.

Yup a lot of people are happy this occuring.

I've heard people say that our economy is good because of him..

I think the general population don't know how governments work and frankly don't care. This is why Rob Ford with his buzzwords is able to get to them.

Reposting myself from a reddit thread;

The one thing that worries me most is how uninformed and how out of touch with the facts many Torontonians are. And I am not talking about the "Ford Nation" or our little piece of crazy America who have been supporting him throughout all this, I am speaking of the droves of people who have usually paid little to no interest in municipal politics until the Rob Ford saga broke headlines daily for the past few weeks.

I've heard on the subway more than once people discussing Rob Ford and from what I gathered, they are definitely not the typical slice of crazy that we've come to see from Ford Nation supporters over this time, they definitely don't defend the guy's personal life and might not even care for neo-liberal economics and saving the taxpayer dollars like Ford Nation's suburban voting base. However, I've heard way too often phrases and comments on the lines of "Yah the guy is an atrocious human being, but isn't he doing a fantastic job running the city? He's saving the city millions of money, right? That's a good thing, right?".

I'm afraid that this Ford saga has brought his populist rhetoric and lies into the public headlines in small clips and headlines on CP24 and elsewhere, which are unfortunately, all that a significant portion of the electorate are ever able or care to see and all that they have available to formulate their opinions and maybe even voting patterns.

Found another one regarding the connections to organized crime.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/26/ontario-is-the-mobs-money-laundering-capital-for-the-world
Ontario, meanwhile, is maintaining its role as the source of most of the wealth for organized crime while the violence for the most part remains in Quebec.

“Here in Ontario, it’s the money-laundering capital of organized crime for the world,†the investigator says. “Why upset the apple cart?

“That’s Ontario’s role,†he says.

Mob expert and prolific author Antonio Nicaso agrees, and believes the wealth of the organized crime groups based here is bankrolling their European operations, which are targets of tough seizure laws.

“The importance of Quebec is mostly because of the port,†Nicaso says. “Ontario is seen as a place for investment.

Last edited:
Slob said he brought the city back from the brink! That's where these simpletons get it from!

I too am sick of hearing people spew out slob and thugs sound bites. This type of person does not have the cognitive capacity to filter information, challenge, analyse and calculate their own opinion/ answer.

That is the secret to ford's success. Appealing to those who automatically believe what is said, without question!
Yes, and then when you try to correct this misinformation with sources, they shrug off your sources as left wing media lies. So there's no winning with these people. They are just as messed up as the administration.

Ford watch update:

Sabocat ‏@Sabocat 1h
@ivortossell Mayor showed up at Greenwood rink opening. Talking VERY slowly. +Driver one staff.

Ivor Tossell ‏@ivortossell 21m
@Sabocat Today?

Sabocat ‏@Sabocat 20m
@ivortossell yup. Much to the surprise of Cllr Fletcher.

Ford watch update:

Sabocat ‏@Sabocat 1h
@ivortossell Mayor showed up at Greenwood rink opening. Talking VERY slowly. +Driver one staff.

Ivor Tossell ‏@ivortossell 21m
@Sabocat Today?

Sabocat ‏@Sabocat 20m
@ivortossell yup. Much to the surprise of Cllr Fletcher.
Another game that could be played is "What is the mayor on TODAY?"

Wait a minute, Robin Doolittle "signed up for this gig" so her looks are fair game? Huh? The woman's a print journalist, not an anchor or broadcast journalist. She didn't sign up for anything in terms of having her looks (or other factors) criticized.

Ford with Chuvalo...maybe because he's not in a suit and probably not pounding back as many beers or big gulps, but he looks like he's dropped a few pounds.

This is really rich! In an interview with the Associated Press - George Smitherman has come out to take shot's at Rob Ford's personal problems:

THE MAN ROB FORD DEFEATED: 'I'M NOT SURPRISED
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/man-rob-ford-defeated-im-not-surprised

No mention in the article or explanation from Smitherman of his husbands mysterious disappearance a few months back. His husband would be discovered the next day passed out beside a railway line in an area of the city popular with crackheads. I'm not suggesting that Smithermans husband is a crackhead but his bizarre behavior could be indicative of someone with a serious substance abuse problem which raises the question has Smitherman fallen off the wagon? Is he back doing "party drugs" and if so what does that mean for the two adopted kids? Are they in a safe environment?

These are all serious questions that I hope the media will ask Smitherman. Now that Smitherman has weighed in on Rob Ford's personal problems I think his personal life if fair game. Another area of Smitherman's life that I think deserves close scrutiny is his consulting business that he set which is focused on the renewable energy sector. Has he received any lucrative "consulting" contracts from any of the many companies that are making ridiculous profits thanks to the Green Energy Act "fathered" by George Smitherman? Any big contracts from SAMSUNG? (he still fly's back and forth to Korea for some reason). This consulting company must be doing really good business if Smitherman can afford a second home in Costa Rica in addition to moving into a bigger home in Toronto!

These days, Smitherman has moved from politics into a private-sector job as a consultant for startup companies. He and his family are moving into a newly gentrified Toronto neighborhood where they plan to spend six months of the year and the other six months in Costa Rica. He hopes living abroad will give his adopted children a "bicultural experience in one of the richest biospheres anywhere. And in a place where values like sustainability are key."

Wait a minute, Robin Doolittle "signed up for this gig" so her looks are fair game? Huh? The woman's a print journalist, not an anchor or broadcast journalist. She didn't sign up for anything in terms of having her looks (or other factors) criticized.

well, more to the point, what should she do? Gain 150 pounds, shave her head and throw acid in her own face?

Really. can you imagine anything more sad than young women sitting in front of the mirror and making the decision that they are too pretty for certain careers? Even if that's the career of their dreams? Nope, I am too pretty, no one will take my actual work and skills seriously... that's just the way the world is and nothing can be done about it. I have to accept it and choose some other job, preferably in some building's basement where no one will ever lay eyes on me.

F*ck that.

I will make a prediction. In a year from now Robyn Doolittle will not be at the Toronto Star - she will have a job working in front of the camera somewhere. From her appearances on CNN it is clear to me that the camera loves Robyn and from the way she vamps in front of the camera the love is clearly reciprocal. I wouldn't even be surprised if she makes her TV debut on an American network such as CNN since that is obviously where the money is. There is really no limit to what she can do if she plays her cards rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back