754     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 691     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 301     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a turn of phrase. It means 'we don't have evidence before the court about how Lisi found out about crack video'. He wasn't testifying as to his own knowledge.

Gotcha

And so I'm going to go on some speculation here...And obviously none of us know what is in the redacted sections.

Why would the lawyer argue, in an attempt to hold back the wiretap, that evidence about how Lisi found out about the video is not yet before the courts?

Could it be that the redacted wiretap in the ITO directly implicates the mayor/DoFo with the extortion efforts?

Blair didn't want to have to arrest the mayor. Someone speculated earlier that Blair had given Ford an out to fess up and resign, which Ford hasn't taken? Lisi is charged with extortion, Ford admits to smoking crack, he resigns in embarassment but no criminal charges are laid. They could have given Lisi a plea deal, no trial, the video never comes out and Blair never discloses that they have it. Ford's ego and reputation are tarnished, but with no charges, the story dies, he goes to rehab and comes back a changed man to run in 2014.

Instead, Ford puts his head in the sand. Now the ITO information directly implicating Ford is being held back. The Crown suggests holding it back for 30 days, with the knowledge that Brazen 2 is wrapping up and the Police investigation is made air-tight in order to charge Ford within the next 30 days.

Would releasing information tying Ford(s) directly to the extortion before charges are laid have an effect on Lisi's right to a fair trial, or the ability for the Police to charge Ford?

Last edited:
J6LdUIJ.gif

As a fan of this thread and as a person who appreciates pretty much everyone's point of view... Why is this significant?

Because someone accidentally attributed the story to a Vancouver paper. Two posters pointed out the correction at the same time, one of whom acknowledged that after the fact.

BZkWpU3CMAAgYUf.jpg:large

I'm guessing the "Humble doorknob's closing act" story is about Rob Ford deciding to finally quit.

The only way Robbie and humble will appear in the same headline is if someone misspells bumble, or really misspells pathetic fucking asshole.

I've been tipped by the same TPS source who told me about the pipe bombs weeks ahead of the arrest yesterday that they're very close to wrapping up Brazen 2 and that more arrests are coming. He couldn't tell me if Rob Ford will be charged but given everything I've been previously told about the obstruction of justice investigation and Ford's likely involvement in Lisi's extortion charges, the extent to which Ford is mentioned in the Lisi ITO, and now with the police requesting a month before releasing the wiretaps, I stand by my conviction that Rob Ford is going to have an awful Christmas this year.

that "30 days" request is just a guideline, right? 30 days, 60 days, 90 days.... like they would never ask for 24 days, right??? It would be too much of a giveaway, so they round it off.

It could be over in less than 30 days, right? RIGHT??? :p

I'm guessing the "Humble doorknob's closing act" story is about Rob Ford deciding to finally quit.
You can see the second headline is "Vancouver changes building code".

I'm guessing it's about Vancouver's recent change to the building code to ban doorknobs.

You can see the second headline is "Vancouver changes building code".

I'm guessing it's about Vancouver's recent change to the building code to ban doorknobs.

C'mon now. You're supposed to go along with the joke.

(Yes, of course it's about Vancouver.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back