News   Jul 16, 2024
 567     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 708     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
ww:

It's like the THIRD Globe Editorial calling for that already. Frankly, the point doesn't need to be made so gently and logically - just F**K OFF Rob Ford in 72 point font would do.

AoD

I'm just so sick of it and embarrassed by it all. I've spent the last six months following this, first, because it was like an unreal TMZ report, but then it became something to which I became ashamed. I was ridiculed in the US because I couldn't respond to questions as to why we couldn't make it stop. Do we really have to wait MONTHS for the integrity commissioner to come to some decision?? Sorry for ranting. Just feeling really frustrated.

Do we really have to wait MONTHS for the integrity commissioner to come to some decision??

The integrity commissioner isn't going to be able to do much.

I've heard theories that Ford's strategy is to wait until everything is out there, then play the rehab card. That way he can come back, say he has done what everyone wanted, nothing more comes out and people move on. Not saying that would work though, you have to think he is done now.

Another update. Armstrong now saying it might have been a mistake and he's looking into it:

Queen Bathurst
@QueenBathurst1
@jamesarmstrong7 Is it possible in light of http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/27/man-linked-to-ford-scandal-pleads-guilty-to-manslaughter … that you mixed him up with http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-man-shot-dead-in-northeast-toronto-1.1340357 … ?

James Armstrong
@jamesarmstrong7
@QueenBathurst1 it may has been a mistake. I'll look into it. Thanks for this.
8:39 PM - 13 Nov 2013

I just can't believe that the Police did nothing when he was drinking and driving during their surveillance, after all the evidence given by his staff.

Both the Police and the Staff have some major explaining to do.

It's amazing how much an addict can manipulate and control others to try to get what they need.

Yes, as I said a few pages back this opinion will become more and more repeated over the coming days. Any cop or lawyer with knowledge of this story will tell you in secret that the TPS has been overlooking this in the hope that he'll eventually lead them to the links between a) Ford and the murders (at the very least) or b) Ford and the syndicates. However they cannot say this in public, so the chattering classes will continue the rabbling with nothing to fear but glib responses. There will be some who don't understand the texture of the debate. Don't worry you're a trendsetter.

Patience for what?
He isn't going anywhere unless he is charged criminally. You have to be very naive to think eventually he is just going to resign. Have you been listening to him or his brother?

Does this mean Towhey's employment as a radio host is over? I hope so. He's a real piece of work.

I hope so. A truly despicable character trying to present himself as honest. I despised his commentary on the day of the big reveal, on 1010.

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 1m
Instead of listening to staff ahead of his speech about the crack allegations "Ford "wanted to use a speech that his mother gave him."

haha

Patience for what?
He isn't going anywhere unless he is charged criminally. You have to be very naive to think eventually he is just going to resign. Have you been listening to him or his brother?
I was replying to inyyz who said she's frustrated after following this for 6 months. I don't think he is just going to resign. I have been watching and waiting for this man to implode for many years, and whether it's through an arrest or a trouncing at the polls, I think he's finally going to get some sort of come-uppance (jail is my choice). But he has slipped out of so many grasps over the years, it's almost mind-boggling.

Final update on the Global story. Yep, it was a conflation:

James Armstrong ‏
@jamesarmstrong7 10m
@QueenBathurst1 hey. It's a mistake. Thanks for catching this

Queen Bathurst ‏
@QueenBathurst1 5m
@jamesarmstrong7 Thank my readers and some of the people on the UrbanToronto.ca forum. Cheers!

I was replying to inyyz who said she's frustrated after following this for 6 months. I don't think he is just going to resign. I have been watching and waiting for this man to implode for many years, and whether it's through an arrest or a trouncing at the polls, I think he's finally going to get some sort of come-uppance (jail is my choice). But he has slipped out of so many grasps over the years, it's almost mind-boggling.

While jail is what I think Ford deserves, being a complete social pariah will do as a substitute. Like O.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back