160     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 237     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the last few pages of this thread taken together probably represent Urban Toronto's low point.
That might be a metaphor for Rob Ford's Toronto!

Fair enough - I'll stop complaining about people discriminating against gays. I'm tired of being the only one so deeply disturbed by this - and tkip has provided a plausible explanation that raises the possibility of an alternate explanation.

Ya, Nfitz & tkip maybe it's time to get a room :)

No. You don't get off this easily nfitz.

You have no evidence that Ford has a drinking problem. None. Zip. It's also none of your business. Do you know how many functioning alcoholics are out there in society? How many of them are cops, lawyers, nurses and doctors. Do you realize the scale of this?

And yet only Ford matters. And maybe the man just didn't want to talk about this part of his past. Maybe he actually thought the topic would be dropped and they'd ask another question. No. You bringing up his alleged drinking problem was another attempt on your part to demonize the man.

You have a agenda. Vilify Ford.

If my doctor (surgeon) was an alcoholic, I think it would matter to me very much. I think for a mayor, it matters too, though admittedly, not quite as much.

Last edited:
Close. This. Thread. Or. Have. Tkip. And. Nfitz. Mutually. Butchered. Disembowelled. And. Incenerated. Anything. To. Shut. Them. Up. And. Stop. Wasting. Page. After. Page.

Which is another way of saying: "take it outside". Nfitz, tkip: have you actually ever met in person outside of this forum? I recommend that you do so, in order to spare us the endless agony and agony and no ecstasy at all...

If I had suggested another member be butchered and mutilated, even as a joke, the chorus of outrage would be deafening. If someone had said this in the paper, on TV or in some interview, people would have rightly so, called for that person's head on a platter. If Ford had made a comment like this, you guys would be calling for his immediate resignation and I would actually agree...

Last edited:
That might be a metaphor for Rob Ford's Toronto!

Fair enough - I'll stop complaining about people discriminating against gays. I'm tired of being the only one so deeply disturbed by this - and tkip has provided a plausible explanation that raises the possibility of an alternate explanation.

You're not the only one. But I am not going to attempt to keep up with you. You're handling the bigots fine enough.

Apparently, from Kristyn Wong-Tam's Twitter, she states that "Mayor's staff described 2012 budget cuts to be 'apocalyptic.'"

http://twitter.com/#!/kristynwongtam

But I would take this with a grain of salt, considering that this is a tweet coming from a leftist Councillor not considered part of 'Ford Nation'.

Edit: I hope the TPL comes out ok.

Last edited:
You're not the only one. But I am not going to attempt to keep up with you. You're handling the bigots fine enough.

"Handling the bigots fine enough"? Really? Is this how it's going to be with every issue where people have a different opinion on? Just call them bigots?

Is this how it's going to be with every issue where people have a different opinion on? Just call them bigots?

Since anyone who disagrees with you gets called a wide variety of names, maybe it's time you stopped your petulant whining. Your double standards and hypocrisy really paint an ugly picture of yourself.

Since anyone who disagrees with you gets called a wide variety of names, maybe it's time you stopped your petulant whining. Your double standards and hypocrisy really paint an ugly picture of yourself.

No. You've flung your fair share of mud and name calling on multiple occasions yourself, doug , so don't claim the moral high ground. You're not innocent in this either.

Last edited:
I also got a robo-reply today (Sunday) from Ford's office re: the Jarvis St. bike lanes so I'm not a happy camper because it means he never read my email. So I wrote him back & copied all Councillors (as I did with my original letter) and the editors of all the Toronto dailies & weeklies.

Dear Mayor Ford

I'm not so much offended that one of your staff members sent me a "robo-reply" on a Sunday after I took the time to write to you but angry that you never even read or considered my letter. I foolishly believed that you actually listened to Toronto residents that you represent if they had a problem with something and considered their input.

I will re-iterate, there is only a three minute increase in traffic between Queen's Quay and Bloor Street on Jarvis and no added traffic congestion as a result of the Jarvis
Street bike lanes. It has "calmed" the street that thousands of people live on (Jarvis Street is not a highway Mayor Ford), as there is less speeding and dangerous "zig-zagging" in and out of traffic when there were three lanes going in the same direction.

Shame on you Mayor Ford for not taking the time to listen to the "pinkos" who choose live and/or cycle downtown when you'd rather succumb to the wishes of your business buddies in Rosedale who want to get home three minutes quicker.

I hope that you show some leadership on other important urban issues facing Toronto in the future.

Regards,
Don xxxxx
Toronto

Copy - Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam, Ward 27 & all Toronto City Councillors
Editors - The Toronto Star, The Toronto Sun, NOW Magazine, The Grid

Oh, come on now....

Ford can't respond to every message he gets while now being the mayor and having a ton of more responsibilities that comes along with this. I've sent several messages to radio and show hosts myself and only gotten a handful of responses. I don't jump to the conclusion that they're intentionally trying to ignore and dismiss me.

I know they're busy people....

Actually, yes. Burke was marching (this year and last) to honour the promise he made to his son to march with him in the parade after he first came out. After Brendan passed, Brian still marched.

he was there to honor his gay son..if his son wasnt gay he wouldnt be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back