2.8K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.8K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 673     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no reason to resign. I'm going to go back in and return my phone calls. (my editorial: what calls? wasn't Lisi arrested?)

And the questions are being screamed out ...

And he's gone

not to digress, but an initial low level pass with a write blocker engaged certainly speeds up the indexing process without the worry of inadvertently corrupting the data with something as banal as a file access time update.

Good point, but modern Windows OS's don't update NTFS file access times any more (for performance reasons). However, other things can happen when a drive is mounted (e.g. Recycle Bin might be created for the current user.) Personally, I would use "dd" under Linux to make a byte-for-byte copy of the drive, without mounting any partitions. I wouldn't risk connecting the original drive to a Windows PC, because of auto-mounting and the possibility of writing to the drive and overwriting data (as you said).

Oh and where's that guy who said that a drug dealer wouldn't be able to figure out how to get a video off an iPhone? Obviously somebody figured it out.

28veto_lg.jpg

This needs to be photoshopped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back